MaxCyte is a leading commercial cell-engineering company focused on providing enabling platform technologies to advance innovative cell-based research as well as next-generation cell therapeutic discovery, development, and commercialization. Over the past 20 years, we have developed and commercialized our proprietary Flow Electroporation® platform, which facilitates complex engineering of a wide variety of cells. Our ExPERT™ platform, which is based on our Flow Electroporation technology, has been designed to support the rapidly expanding cell therapy market and can be utilized across the continuum of the high-growth cell therapy sector, from discovery and development through commercialization of next-generation, cell-based medicines. The ExPERT family of products includes: four instruments, the ATx™, STx™, GTx™, and VLx™; a portfolio of proprietary related processing assemblies or disposables; and software protocols, all supported by a robust worldwide intellectual property portfolio.
The Research Associate is part of a team that works on cell loading technologies with applications that include gene and cell therapy and protein production. This individual executes a variety of laboratory procedures to ensure timely completion of the company's scientific objectives and customer requirements. This individual also provides lab support to scientists working with customers in the field. Works under general supervision.
• Performs mammalian cell culture, insect cell culture, basic cell transfection experiments, and basic flow cytometry.
• Maintains inventory and orders lab supplies.
• Prepares research summaries, provides input to interpretation of experimental results, and troubleshoots general technical problems.
• Maintains cell lines for experiments and freezes cells.
• Ensures all data is appropriately archived; maintains a pristine laboratory notebook detailing all experimental work.
• Works cooperatively and effectively with others both within and between departments.
• Uses scientific literature to keep aware of current technologies.
• Attends and presents results at department meetings and may present at company meetings.
• Maintains, calibrates and operates equipment according to established protocols. Monitors equipment for appropriate operation within set parameters and refers abnormal results to lab management.
• Complies with all applicable policies regarding health, safety and environmental policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BS in biological sciences and at least 2 years of laboratory experience; or equivalent.
• Hands on experience in mammalian and insect cell culture required. Other techniques including PCR and immunoassays, a plus.
• Hands on experience in running bioreactors, BLI based protein quantitation, bioanalyzer is a plus.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Works well both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to write clear and concise research reports and formally present own work to small groups.
• Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively.
MaxCyte, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter . Please reference PD Research Associate - Bioprocess in the subject line.