The candidate will be responsible for day-to-day administrative and business support to assigned managers and colleagues, helping our staff focus on advancing Pfizer Vaccines R&D (VRD) portfolio. This role requires interfacing with multiple stakeholders at all levels of research and development organizations internally and at times externally. The candidate will partner with other administrative staff members in a team oriented approach including providing backup coverage as appropriate.
Must be able to perform duties with a high level of professionalism and minimal supervision. Must have the ability to prioritize and work independently, yet be a team player. Handles multiple demands and priorities simultaneously. Must be willing to learn new capabilities. Possess excellent computer skills and high level of proficiency in various computer systems.
- Maintains calendars; makes travel arrangements, schedules routine meetings, and completes expense reports for senior leaders
- Organizes meetings and visits (agenda, reservations, logistics), ensuring appropriate collection, generation, compilation and distribution of meeting materials
- Orders office supplies and arranges procurement of other departmental requirements. May manage relationships with vendors or service providers
- Creates, edits, and formats written material such as presentations, spreadsheets, and documents
- Develops and provides training on Pfizer’s administrative procedures and processes
- Competent in the use of business technologies required for the efficient conduct of meetings, including scheduling and running of teleconferences, video-conferences and face to face meetings.
- Skilled in more advanced Business Technology tools and tasks such as developing and customizing Microsoft Office templates, maintaining departmental intranet sites, generating, analyzing and reporting survey money data
- Assists manager with coordinating interviews and logistics as needed.
- Manages logistical onboarding and off boarding for onsite and regional staff including contractors (e.g. systems and equipment)
- Maintains departmental online storage folders and distribution lists
- Actively administrates all assigned projects, implementing innovative alternatives to ensure achievement of desired outcomes. Provides advice and guidance to other administrative staff.
- Generates reports and analyses as required
- Interacts with line/zone colleagues in a constructive, professional way to process requests and deliver a wide level of service. Builds a good working relationship with colleagues at all levels in all departments/lines. Represents VRD in cross functional teams as required.
- Responsible for independent work output and managing workload allocation and prioritization for VRD administrative pool. Takes personal responsibility for quality of work that impacts supervisor/department/line. Is aware of / can anticipate consequences of own actions
- Independently identifies problems or issues and implements remedial actions
- Other responsibilities/projects based on group needs
- High School diploma required
- Minimum 5 years administrative experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Highly proficient command of English language, grammar and basic applied business math are required
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge and skills regarding general administrative functions: telephone, e-mail etiquette, MS Office, internet, expense reporting, travel arrangement, supply/equipment ordering
- Working knowledge and experience in supporting R&D executives and teams preferred
- Exemplary time management and prioritization skills. Ability to multitask in fast paced dynamic environment while demonstrating resourceful positive attitude and superior work ethic
- Strong sense of urgency and efficiency in completing work. Demonstrated ability to complete complex assignments independently, with high quality and speed, and superior problem solving skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters discretely and ensure confidentiality is maintained
Individual contributor responsible for supporting one or more VRD leaders along with group of 100+ scientists.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.