*** Pfizer now offering $4,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS for successful hires through August 31, 2022***
“Schedule is subject to change”ROLE SUMMARY
Vaccine Injectable Filling Operations Technician/Assistant is responsible for filling injectable drug product into primary containers. Work is performed in strict compliance with manufacturing standards (SOPs) and all regulatory requirements (i.e., GMPs). This job includes the following functions: aseptic gowning and personnel monitoring, processing of hazardous and non-hazardous drug products, basic computer skills and physical material handling. Colleagues are expected to share best practices with other colleagues on their shift, and across shifts.
Colleagues may be required to work in other areas, such as Freeze Dry, Inspection, or Packaging, as production demands require. Over-time and weekend work as production demands require.
Specific job functions include:
- Setting up and changing over the filling lines per approved procedures
- Demonstrating ownership and accountability to production schedule and protecting product quality
- Monitoring filling line for efficient run time versus established standards
- Ensuring adequate inventory of parts and materials prior to initiating a production run
- Assisting maintenance in equipment troubleshooting
- Performing total productive maintenance/operator care tasks
- Identifying and seeking to implement process and safety improvements
- Executing in-process quality inspections
- Recording GMP entries in batch record
- Working as filling operator if required
- Following all safety procedures
- Cleaning and sanitizing filling lines per approved procedures
- Developing corrective and preventive actions
- Seeking value added tasks during unplanned line downtime
- Completing and maintaining all required training on time
- Act as trainer for other Operations Technicians/Operators
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Working inside the APA as scheduled
Education and Experience:
High school diploma / general education degree (GED) plus
- An associate degree, OR
- Veteran/Military experience, OR
- Six months of relevant work experience in a manufacturing or GMP facility (e.g. current or previous Pfizer colleague or contractor or similar)
- Mechanical experience/knowledge
- Prior pharmaceutical or manufacturing experience
- Aseptic environment experience
Position involves extensive lifting, sitting, standing, walking, repetitive motion, flexibility, aseptic gowning, and routine weekend work.
Lifting/lowering up to 55 pounds, working in high elevations (above 6 feet), and reaching/standing/walking/stooping/repetitive motion.
Able to wear safety PPE (Hard hat, face mask, face shield)
Able to workunderfullclean room (GRADE A/B/C/D) environments with appropriate gowning
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Aseptic Gowning required.
Routine Over-time, Weekend, and Holiday Work.
Colleagues who fill this role will be responsible to cover their designated weekends/holidays as business needs dictate. This is a day shift position that will follow a 12 hour schedule (6am - 6pm) consisting of 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off.
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
- Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: August 8, 2022
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.