What We Do
Theragent is a privately-owned Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) focused on novel Cell and Gene Therapy medicines to meet unmet patient needs. We are a small, biotech startup headquartered in Arcadia, CA. Our state-of-the-art facility provide high-quality, reliable, and value-added solutions to our clientele for challenging pre-clinical and clinical trial projects. Our innovative cGMP facility offers comprehensive end-to-end manufacturing and testing capabilities for clinical and commercial purposes.
Take the next step in your career and join Theragent today to change patient lives through the products we help develop and manufacture. Here, you will contribute your talents in a purposeful way that impact the lives of patients around the world. You will develop as an individual by working directly with a team of seasoned experts and rising stars.
Our values of Innovation, Transparency, Accountability, Integrity, Diversity, Humility to name a few are embedded in everything we do. No matter your role may be, Theragent strives to ensure all our teammates are empowered and given the necessary tools to lead us in our relentless pursuit to extending patient lives.
To Manufacture and Deliver high-quality, reliable, and value-added Therapeutic Solutions for Biopharma clients and patients.
Theragent is looking for an enthusiastic Researcher with either academic or industry experience to assist with genetic engineering of lentiviral vectors expressing antibodies and CAR and in vitro assays. The candidate will focus on the Discovery of Antibody based biologics and T/NK cell products as well as assist with planning and execution of experiments, in support of developing analytical methods for releasing and characterizing T cell therapy products. Candidates with prior expertise in phage display library construction, screening and antibody engineering will be given preference.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong sense of responsibility, open communication, desire to learn new skills, ability to meticulously perform instructed tasks and maintain lab records. S/he will perform bench work to support research projects in coordination with our scientific director. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a flexibility to adapt to startup environment.
- Perform flow cytometry-based characterization of CAR-T cells and functional assays to measure T cell activation, proliferation (CFSE) and cytotoxicity.
- Immunophenotype CAR-T products under different conditions to evaluate exhaustion and persistence using flow cytometry.
- Proficiently use flow cytometry analysis software (Flowjo, FCS express, etc..) and precisely document data using Excel, GraphPad Prism, Powerpoint, Photoshop, etc…
- Process blood products for or immune cell subsets (T and NK) using magnetic bead-based technologies (MACs column or EasySep) and optimize culture conditions for expansion and banking.
- Execute lentiviral/adenoviral production, concentration and quantitation assays (Flow cytometry, ELISA and qPCR).
- Assist generation of novel lentiviral CAR constructs using molecular biology techniques (PCR, Gibson cloning).
- Support development of engineered mammalian cell lines and validation. Assist in creating and revising Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for production and validation of viral vectors and CAR-T products.
- Routinely passage and maintain cell banks (tumor cell lines and T cells).
- Maintain and trouble shoot scientific instruments to ensure their functionality.
- Precisely plan and execute lab work, analyze data and keep records up to date and demonstrate ability to track them with clarity.
Required Experience/ Education:
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, or PhD (preferred) in the field of Immunology, Virology, or related areas. Knowledge of T cell immunology with insight into T cell effector function, including T cell differentiation, T cell exhaustion and persistence, and stimulatory/inhibitory regulatory mechanisms (preferred).
- Experience with lentiviral transduction and other gene therapy techniques (e.g. CRISPR).
- Experience in assessing T cell functionality using multi-parameter flow cytometry for phenotypic characterization, T cell activation and proliferation analysis.
- Must possess good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, GraphPad Prism, and Flow cytometry analysis software (Flowjo, FCS express)
- Professional Knowledge Problem Solving Team Player / Building Relationships Multi‐tasking Customer Focus Action and detail oriented Active Listening
Decisive Decision Making
Physical / Mental Demands:
- Occasional stooping, bending, stretching, pushing, pulling, reaching and/or lifting up to 40lbs. Ability to sit, stand, walk, and move within workspace for extended periods. Ability to perform repetitive tasks including hand to finger manipulations, grasping, pushing, and pulling.
- Primarily office environment but will be required to enter laboratory or GMP process areas donning proper gowning / lab coats or PPE such as safety glasses and shoes. Ability to work safely and effectively when working alone or working with others.
* This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
*Theragent Inc is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Theragent, Inc. requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. To the extent permitted by applicable law, candidate must be able to provide proof of full vaccination or receipt of the first dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or request an exemption due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief of practice, or pregnancy, as of the first day of work, to be considered for a U.S.-based job.