We are currently searching for a Management Analyst to provide programmatic support for the Office of Research on Women's Health (ORWH). This will include administrative support, logistical support for meetings and events and support for budget and co-funding activities. This opportunity is part-time (25 hours/week) and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze and recommend the execution of approved co-funding requests to assure that funds are properly tracked
- Draft memos, executive summaries, and other documents in support of the co-funding activities of ORWH
- Provide logistical support for ORWH meetings and events
- Identify and assess current policies, procedures, and practices
- Review the co-funding portal and provide recommendations to improve the co-funding request form
- Develop and utilize quality assurance methods to ensure data are complete, accurate, and pertinent to the task and take steps to reconcile data integrity concerns
- Analyze historic spending patterns of ORWH past and current co-fundings and provide recommendations to streamline the co-funding process
- Analyze ORWH historic review process of funding requests from NIH Institutes, Centers and Offices (ICOs) and provide recommendations that will reduce the review time of requests for co-funding
- Develop for ORWH consideration proposed co-funding policy and procedural guidance for internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct in-depth analysis of all facets of operations, document areas for improvement, research improvement methodologies and recommend course of action
- Analyze the feedback, develop options for addressing the feedback, and assess the likely impact of changes; prepare and make recommendations on corrective actions
- Review and update policies as needed but at least annually
- Develop procedures and systems for establishing, operating, and assessing the effectiveness of administrative controls and systems
- Analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding
- Provide other recommendations on co-funding operations as needed and requested
- Conduct assessments of standard operating procedures (SOP) and prepare recommendations for improvement
- Research and analyze new government policies and regulations that may impact operations and propose actions to ensure operational compliance
- Review operational and programmatic budget data and provide analysis of obligation and spending
- Prepare detailed reports based on research and findings and present at meetings and briefings
- Draft policies and standard operating procedures based on data, feedback, and office business practices
- Review business, operations and program plans for consistency and compliance with institutional and governmental policies
- Develop for consideration proposed co-funding policy and procedural guidance for internal and external stakeholders
- Design an optimized workflow to increase efficiencies of the co-funding process
- Attend routine staff and business meetings for awareness and take notes for distribution
- Capture meeting minutes and prepare final documentation for distribution to participants
- Present information and status updates on projects and studies ongoing within the organization
- Document performance shortfalls and recommend corrective actions
- Identify NIH or other data sources and perform data queries, literature reviews, developing or otherwise finding data needed to prepare reports
- Use variety of database and data repository software and applications available to search, retrieve and export business and performance data
- Assist program managers prepare annual budgets based on historical and estimated future spending
- Research and develop in coordination with human resource managers workforce development and acquisition strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Biology, or related discipline
- At least 3 years of related experience
- Project Management Certification (PMP), preferred
- Expense reconciliation
- Project management/planning
- Fellowship program management
- Meeting minutes/summary reports
- Executive level support
- Meeting coordination
- Data analysis
- MS Office
- Microsoft Teams
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.