We are currently searching for a Research Analyst for Rare Diseases Informatics Program (RDIP). This position will support RDIP to build informatics infrastructure for rare diseases and provide a framework to answer rare diseases research questions. RDIP is working to advance the Genetic and Rare Diseases (GARD) Information Center ontology database to support the rare diseases research community. This is a full-time, on-site opportunity in Rockville, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with staff to analyze scientific, technical, programmatic and administrative data to identify trends and accomplishments and to make budgetary and programmatic projections.
- Provides technical experience needed to assist in analyzing scientific and technical research projects.
- Develop reports and provide material to justify the results of evaluating programs and program operations.
- Collaborate with staff on scientific and technical research needs and requirements relating to program planning, analysis, communications and reporting functions.
- Develop analytical documents that synthesizes and presents results of data analyses and draws inferences, outlines options, and makes recommendations that bear on program activities and policies
- Produce scientific, technical and operational graphics for use in internal and external communications, web.
- Prepares various reports and presentations detailing analyses of data.
- Performs basic research of various forms of scientific and technical literature and prepares summaries and indepth reviews.
- Work with staff on researching and preparing scientific and technical briefings, presentations and other reports in response to various requests.
- Coordinates with staff in order to communicate research progress and results.
- Work with staff to coordinate and develop responses to requests for information about the Institute's research activities.
- Contribute to overall communication strategy development and implementation.
- Develop a system for tracking recurring requirements and progress toward fulfilling the requirements.
- Recommend changes and improvements in research processes and procedures.
- Research and draft recommendations to improve scientific, technical and operational processes and workflows.
- Design and present variety of standardized scientific, technical, operational and performance summaries, reports and dashboards.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- At least 1-2 years of experience
- Establish collaborations
- Strategic planning
- Data collection
- Data analysis
- Gap analysis
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.