Principal Scientist - Large Molecule Bioanalytical
The Principal Scientist supervises laboratory staff to support bioanalytical activities. Leads Bioanalysis and Biomarker projects through assay design and development, validation, and execution in a timely manner. Performs assays according to SOPs and support technology development in Ligand Binding platform.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Design and perform experiments, independently and accurately analyze and present data
- Provide high quality output with the ability to build efficiency into improving productivity metrics
- Serve as Technical Lead in Ligand Binding Platform
- Assist in establishing and improving all procedures and required SOP documentation
- Responsible for assay trouble shooting and correcting routine scientific issues/problems
- Identify, update and implement emerging laboratory techniques
- Maintain and support lab safety practices and environment
- Work collaboratively with other technical teams in resource sharing and providing technical expertise
- Support new equipment operational qualifications and performance checks
- Monitor Lab Service/R&D related project expenses
- Act as a scientific resource externally to clients and internally
- Assists with writing, reviewing and editing contract and grant applications/proposals as appropriate
- Assist with writing and publishing papers, abstracts, techniques/or chapters to maintain the scientific standard and image of the company.
- May present completed work at appropriate scientific meetings and in publications
- Supervision of assigned laboratory staff to ensure efficient organization, development and execution of project(s)
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a Ph.D. in life sciences or relevant field in life sciences
- At least 8 years of full-time post-doctoral laboratory experience
- Strong background in various technology platforms such as Mesoscale Discovery, Quanterix, Luminex, ELISA.
- Ability to troubleshoot and refine bioanalysis and biomarkers assays such as ADA, PK, Potency Assay, Cytokine and PD biomarker measurement
- Experience in handling various sample matrix such as whole blood, plasma/serum, cell pellets/supernatant, urine and CSF
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills required.
- Must have the ability to organize and analyze data, as well as prepare technical reports.
- Must possess strong computational skills, preferably experienced with Softmax, MSD BenchWork, Word, Excel, Power Point, GraphPad Prism
- Excellent use of judgment and discretion required
- Extended work hours may be occasionally necessary in order to meet business demands
- Ability to lift and carry between 1-15 lbs.; Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. overhead with assistance; frequently required to sit, grasp, and use right/left finger dexterity; May be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC -196ºC)
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language