Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
The Senior Lean Manufacturing Engineer, Operational Excellence (OE) supports the dynamic development and deployment of the site OE strategy and transformation. This individual works with a broad range of Emergent leaders, staff, and stakeholders to identify, prioritize, and drive sustainable process improvements.
The Senior Lean Manufacturing Specialist, OE will be expected to spend a majority of their time developing and leading plant performance-enhancing activities through direct interactions with plant staff in the physical areas where work is performed.
• Develops and delivers a continuous pipeline of plant value stream improvement Kaizen events using standard and appropriate OE methodologies such as DMAIC, assuring the success of on-going and sustainable improvements
• Leads and drives OE-related practices and interventions, in particular those associated with Tier 1-3 meeting effectiveness, problem-solving, and 8 Waste reduction
• Designs and deploys sustainable systems for tracking and reporting of results from Operational Excellence activities, including progress to plan and financial impact KPIs
• Introduces, facilitates, trains and assures sustainability of 6S practices across all physical workspaces
• Coaches and mentors to help create and maintain a Continuous Improvement culture utilizing Lean Six Sigma techniques and best practices
• Acts as a change agent, promoting excellence and innovative thinking by partnering with staff at all levels of the organization
• Works with functional leaders in the planning and deployment of events and activities in support of the site Hoshin Lean Strategy Deployment plan
• Monitors implementation and sustainment activities by creating project plans, managing priorities, adhering to deadlines, coordinating all departments and personnel, tracking cost savings, and reporting project status
• Supports peers at other sites in Operational Excellence deployment, and in the harmonization of Operational Excellence systems
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or similar technical degree with demonstrated practical experience. Equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience considered.
• 3 to 5 years experience in deploying and managing projects in a regulated environment such as cGMP
• Demonstrated practical experience with Lean Strategy deployment and Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification required
• Extensive history of strong leadership, critical thinking, time management, problem solving, project management, and interpersonal skills
• Proven reputation to be self-motivated, organized, practical, and results oriented
• Confidence and ease when training and mentoring all levels of the organization
• Strong written, oral communication, facilitation and presentation skills
• Ability to produce and sustain results through influential authority
• Demonstrates strong skills in easily adapting lean tools to suit operational requirements
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.