Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Roles and responsibilities:
Nurix is currently seeking a candidate to fill the role of Scientist I in the proteomics group within Discovery Technologies and early research. Working closely with biologists to design and implement global proteomics experiments, the candidate will use their expertise to help guide their design and execution as well as follow up with data analysis and interpretation. You will be a contributor, helping to guide and implement strategies throughout the life cycle of CTM research optimization and development. You will also play a role in helping to identify and advance small molecule lead drug candidates in collaboration with colleagues in Medicinal Chemistry, Bioanalytical, Safety Assessment, Biology, Translational, and Development Sciences.
- Candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years' experience (PhD), 5 years' experience (MA/MS), 9 years' experience (BA/BS)
- Candidate will demonstrate proficiency in general proteomic sample preparation techniques including experience with automation.
- Hands-on experience with label-free and/or quantitative proteomics
- Technical understanding of automation platforms
- In-depth technical knowledge of mass spectrometry techniques related to global discovery proteomics
- A solid understanding of peptide and protein analysis in the context of global proteomics
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to communicate results to teams
- Ability to work in a team environment across multiple collaborative groups within the organization
- Self-driven and enthusiastic with the ability to deliver in a dynamic environment
- Experience with MS data processing tools (MaxQuant, Skyline, Spectronaut, Proteome Discoverer) proteomics software
- Experience with targeted proteomics
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation; highly collaborative
- Solutions and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view
Nurix is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Nurix will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes.