The Swiss based Bachem Group is a public, innovation-driven company specializing in the development and manufacturing of pepTides and oligonucleoTides. As a full service provider Bachem offers products for clinical development and commercial applications as well as a comprehensive catalog and exclusive custom synthesis. With 50 years of experience and subsidiaries in Switzerland, the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan, Bachem is the partner of choice for the biotech and pharma industry worldwide.
Bachem. Leading Partner in Tides
In order to continue our organic growth, we are constantly looking for talent.
The Production Technician performs an integral role as part of the Production team at Bachem. This role is responsible for contributing to the safe and economic manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) products, such as peptide or related bioorganic compounds, as a member of a production team. As a Production Technician II, you will be producing APIs from gram to multiple kg scale. The majority of responsibilities will include routine equipment setup for synthesis and downstream, the operation of manufacturing equipment, organizing and cleaning work area such as workbenches, tools, instruments, and equipment, material handling, performing CIP? (IPC?), housekeeping in general and keeping track of batch documentation according to cGMP regulations.
- Manufacturing of active pharmaceutical products (APIs) by performing all stages of the process, such as the synthesis, cleavage, and purification
- Carry out the necessary preparative steps self-dependent according to directions/instructions given by supervisor
- Follow written procedures (e.g. SOP, BPR) and comply with cGMP guidelines
- Perform proper documentation following cGMP guidelines
- Set up, clean, operate, and maintain equipment used for manufacturing
- Adhere to manufacturing schedules and timelines
- Make safe, efficient, and conscious use of instruments, raw materials, products and other resources
- Ensure manufacturing and personnel safety and security in the workplace
- Propose and implement technical improvements
- Be a team player and be highly flexible
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Ability to comprehend GMP standard and quality control measures
- Strong work ethic and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Capable of working methodically and accordingly adhering to rules and regulations
- Ability to read, understand, follow written procedures (SOPs & BPRs) and instructions provided by the immediate supervisor
- Flexibility and availability for shift work
- Great oral communication and writing skills
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to effectively organize, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Ability to communicate in a proactive and solution-focused manner, including keeping management aware of potential issues
- Detail oriented with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Communicate effectively with the ability to function well in a team environment
- Flexibility of working hours based on business needs, may include some nights and occasional weekends
- Previous experience in GMP manufacturing environment such as Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverages, Dairy, Vitamins, Cosmetics, or medical devices
- Knowledgeable and no fear of contact with any kind of technical equipment
- Proficient with GMP requirements and documentation
- Proficient with entering and/or recording information in written or electronic form according to GMP regulations
You will be part of a motivated team overseeing the entire development cycle of respective APIs. If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a motivated team in an internationally renowned company, you should seize this opportunity.
Candidates for positions as US employees of Bachem Americas, Inc. (“Company”) must be in the process of or fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and provide the Company with proof of vaccination as a condition of employment, except for U.S. employees who request and qualify under applicable law for disability and religious accommodation from the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. An applicant who receives an offer of employment from the Company for a position as a U.S employee will be required to provide proof of vaccination status, or request and receive a disability or religious accommodation for which the applicant is entitled under applicable law, before their first day of employment or any later deadline specified by the Company in the offer letter. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment opportunities and makes employment decisions without regard to an individual’s disability, religion or on any other basis prohibited by law.