Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
Primarily responsible for evaluating the incoming new projects from downstream process transferred from the research team, working in the Process Development group. Also responsible for conducting lab experiments to complete the project tasks.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Evaluates, develops and optimizes the process parameters for downstream purification.
Troubleshoots issues related to the process and product and uses DOE to design the experiment and to analyze the results.
Responsible for writing technical reports and transfer the method and work with the clinical with clinical production team to support and generate the SOPs and batch record.
Lab hands on work and scientific and process paperwork writing.
Supports investigational new drug (IND) chemistry-manufacturing-control (CMC) section writing. Guide/train junior level associates.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• BS with 6+ years, MS with 3+ years’ experience or PhD with 0-2 years in biology, chemistry, chemical engineering, or related discipline required
• Minimum of 3 years' downstream purification industry experience
• Ability to think creatively in order to solve complex problems
• Team member with the desire to include ideas and information from team members in a timely manner in order to draw scientific conclusions
• Candidate with up to date scientific background is a plus
• Hands on downstream experience
• Open-minded and detail oriented
• Strong trouble shooting and data analysis skills
• Design of Experiment (DoE)
• Chromatography Purification experience
• Diafiltration/Ultrafiltration experience
• Scale down/scale up knowledge
• Engineering knowledge/hands on experience with equipment troubleshooting is preferred
• Filtration experience
• Upstream process knowledge preferred
• Protein chemistry knowledge preferred
• Good aseptic techniques
• Good writing skills
• Good communication skills
• Experience with IND and BLA preferred
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.