Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Electrical Craftworker’s primary responsibility is to provide Corrective and Preventative maintenance to the electrical systems. Develop electrical improvements and resolve issues. Provide technical support to other Facility Services teams, Engineering projects, and other departments. Comply with cGMP/GDP requirements and applicable electrical codes.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Electrician is responsible for Corrective and Preventative maintenance work on electrical systems
• Installs electrical circuits following applicable state and national codes
• Look for improvement possibilities and problems resolutions on electrical systems
• Perform technical and administrative updates to preventive maintenance plans
• Maintain training requirements
• Assists other trades as required
• Ensure all work on campus is in compliance with NEC
• Maintain a current and detailed knowledge of cGMP
• Participate in special projects as assigned by management
• Seek ways to increase operational efficiency
• Will have the proper training to perform various SAP functions. Training will include: Deviations, CAPA, and Change Control and SOP revisions
• Provides technical support for engineering projects within functional area
• Provide set-up and logistical support for VIP visits and on campus corporate functions
• Perform all campus snow removal and lawn and landscaping maintenance as required
• Must comply with all applicable rules and regulations of Emergent and the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. This includes FDA regulations such as cGMP< GDP, EH&S regulations, and company regulations such as the employee handbook
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• HS Diploma/GED
• 5 years of general maintenance experience
• Prior cGMP experience is strongly preferred
• Must have the ability to multi-task and coordinate workload by priority
• Must be customer service and quality driven
• Annual Journeymen’s license renewal
• Tri-Annual code update
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.