Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the interface of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
The Experiment Design Team is an integral part of Eikon’s data-driven drug discovery engine, building interfaces and systems to capture the experiment design intentions of our scientist and engineer collaborators long before these experiments generate data in the lab.
We work creatively and collaboratively with teams ranging from Biology to Data Science to ensure that experiments designed with our internal tools can both run at scale in our onsite labs and generate data that can be consumed by our machine learning models and statistical analyses. We close the loop between wet-lab and dry-lab experimentation by building links between this rich design metadata and downstream experiment results.
Who You Are
You are an adventurous, creative, and collaborative software engineer eager to apply your talents to building software interfaces and tools that enable high-quality drug discovery experimentation at scale. You are enthusiastic about the opportunity to work on a breadth of intellectually engaging challenges involved in experiment design and data provenance, and are excited about being an early member of a small but growing team.
What You'll Do
- Develop back-end systems to capture rich datasets on the design parameters and intentions of Biologists, Medicinal Chemists, and Automation Engineers.
- Develop front-end tools and interfaces to guide users through designing high-quality drug discovery experiments.
- Build back-end tooling to close the loop between our experiment design and experiment results datasets.
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers to build experiment design tools which integrate with both wet-lab and dry-lab experiment workflows.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience developing modern, production-ready web applications.
- Experience with web services and applications frameworks (Django, Flask).
- Familiarity with relational databases and database languages.
- Experience with pandas and numpy is a strong plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with internal users.
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.