Medical Affairs and Clinical Development
The Medical Affairs and Clinical Development Administrative Assistant will support the Medical Affairs team and the Clinical Development leadership team to ensure proactive and timely management and execution of all administrative tasks, including compliant scheduling, submission of travel requests and expense reports, processing of contracts and invoices, meeting management, meeting minutes. This individual will be part of the Medical Affairs and Clinical Development leadership team to ensure distribution of relevant information and administrative support to Seattle-based and field Medical Affairs and Clinical Development employees. This position reports to the Medical Affairs Operations Lead.
Good things are happening at Omeros!
Come join our Omeros Medical Affairs & Clinical Development Team!
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is an innovative biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market and orphan indications targeting inflammation, immunologic diseases (e.g., complement-mediated diseases) and cancers. Omeros’ lead MASP-2 inhibitor narsoplimab targets the lectin pathway of complement and is the subject of a biologics license application pending before FDA for the treatment of hematopoietic stem cell transplant-associated thrombotic microangiopathy. Narsoplimab is also in multiple late-stage clinical development programs focused on other complement-mediated disorders, including IgA nephropathy, atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome and COVID-19. OMS906, Omeros’ inhibitor of MASP-3, the key activator of the alternative pathway of complement, is in a Phase 1 clinical trial. For more information about Omeros and its programs, visit www.omeros.com.
What are your job responsibilities?
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs functional leads and Clinical Development Team to identify key administrative support needs and deliverables
- Use strong project management, organizational knowledge, and leadership to actively manage and facilitate effective team meetings and produce accurate meeting minutes
- Process contracts needed to support Medical Affairs and Clinical Development activities
- Support dissemination of departmental and cross functional communications
- Support Medical Affairs and Clinical Development leadership in their travel and expense reporting, calendar, and meeting management
- Manage Medical Affairs and Clinical Development events
- Front reception desk coverage
- Other relevant duties as assigned
Education, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience providing administrative support; AA degree required, Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) preferred
- Industry experience in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, or other Healthcare-related field preferred
- Strong leadership skills and experience working on and supporting cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills, exhibits professional maturity, confidence, and competence
- Highly collaborative with outstanding relationship-building skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask, identify issues, and take appropriate actions
Behavioral Competencies Required:
- Proactive behavior, positive collaborative attitude, and desire to grow and learn
- Ability to work effectively cross culturally and cross functionally
- Must represent Omeros in a professional manner
- Flexibility and willingness to support team and company needs as they arise
Physical Demands Required:
- Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, or lifting up to 20 lbs.
- May encounter prolonged periods of sitting
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to email@example.com or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000