We are seeking a Procurement Senior Sourcing Director - Research and Pre-Clinical Development that will contribute to executive level business decision making which drives enterprise wide objectives within the research organization. They are a proven business team influencer & collaborator by advising Regeneron research teams on global supply market dynamics and leading practices which enhance value, minimize risk, and ensure quality & cost effectiveness. This person will provide strategic management and leadership and will work effectively with ambiguity to create strategies that meet future global business demands in the sourcing area of responsibility. Leading a team of personnel who are accountable for translating business needs into contracting requirements that align with the overall category strategy. Leading and providing direction to key category management personnel to develop strong relationships and drive consistency in how supplier work is sourced within the local market. You will have responsibilities to lead the market Supplier Management Program including risk, performance, relationship, and supplier development pillars.
A typical day might include:
You will need:
- Directs and coordinates all day to day execution of Regeneron’s global sourcing strategies.
- Provides strategic counsel and execution support to executives and individual department leaders.
- Directly leads an organization of procurement professionals responsible for carrying out global market sourcing projects.
- Strategizes and implements effective sourcing strategies using advanced supply market strategies and knowledge.
- Develops and communicates functional strategy and objectives for sourcing in alignment with global business strategy and operational requirements.
- Supports the overall business plan for the organization with significant impact on the success of company operations.
- As part of the leadership team, influences the strategic direction of how Regeneron uses service providers.
- Acts as an authority of the strategic sourcing process for the global market spend area of responsibilities.
- Leads a team responsible for all activities associated with the development and execution of contracts for all aspects of the business within the global supply market.
- Reviews major contracts and a resource for planning and leading complex negotiations.
- Works closely with finance to ensure all sourcing activities follow Regeneron’s financial controls, ensures ongoing engagement with finance throughout a program’s lifecycle for appropriate levels of contract and budgetary oversight.
- Leads or participates in supplier governance committees.
- Defines, Advises and consults on the global Category Management strategy.
- Responsible for conducting global supplier negotiations using a leader level mastery skills.
- Bachelor’s plus 15 years of relevant, progressive experience within procurement, to preferably include 9 years directly in sourcing Pharma/Biotech.
This role might be for you if:
- Master’s degree plus 13 years of relevant, progressive experience within procurement, to preferably include 7 years directly in sourcing within Pharma/Biotech
- Requires experience managing director level professionals
- Proven track record developing sourcing strategies to meet Research and company goals
- Demonstrated proficiency introducing new applications and policies based on professional principles
- Experience in formulating strategy and vision regarding issues that have company-wide impact
- Requires 10+ years of supervisory experience or demonstrated experience leading a matrix team Working knowledge with Sourcing Contracting, ERP, eRFX systems preferred. (Oracle, Zycus, GEP, Ariba, Other)
- Ability to use standard business applications for communicating, presenting and analyzing (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Cost modeling knowledge
- Ability to develop and critique detailed business cases
- Ability to build consensus, teamwork, and creativity within a collaborative team
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.