About Capstan Therapeutics
Capstan Therapeutics is developing a targeted delivery platform and therapeutics to reprogram immune cells in vivo in a scalable and controlled format, for a broad range of disease categories. The core technology originating from University of Pennsylvania comprises Targeted Lipid Nanoparticles (tLNPs) to enable off-the-shelf immunotherapies, with tight control of dosage and of activity of engineered cells. The objective is to advance transformative first-in-class and best-in-class products for oncology, fibrosis and inflammation-related diseases and blood monogenic disorders. Our dynamic start-up is founded by pioneers in the field of immunotherapy, regenerative medicine and drug delivery including experienced industry leaders and academic faculty members from U Penn.
In summary, Capstan Therapeutics aspires to become the leader of a new revolution in medicine, opening the avenue of in vivo reprogramming of the immune system and bringing this treatment modality to a broad range of medical needs. With locations in Philadelphia and San Diego, we are looking for talented individuals to join us.
This position will lead process development and production efforts for mRNA, working with both internal and external teams. The focus of the role will be optimizing in-vitro transcription reactions and downstream purification processes for mRNA production.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop and optimize the mRNA production process, focusing on upstream in-vitro transcription reactions and starting materials
- Develop and implement scalable mRNA purification strategies
- Lead technical management for mRNA process development activities at external CMOs
- Prepare, analyze, and present data internally to cross functional teams
- Document process descriptions and technical reports to facilitate tech transfer activities
- MS or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or related field with 3-5 years of industrial experience
- Experience with IVT reaction design and optimization
- Experience with nucleic acid separation science and TFF (UF/DF) buffer exchange
- Technical expertise in the development of scalable and commercially viable processes in biotech/pharma industry
- Knowledge of cGMP and regulatory guidelines and practices, and how these relate to and impact process development
- Familiarity will analytical techniques such as qPCR, RPIP HPLC, LC-MS, agarose gel electrophoresis, western blots, dot blots, and capillary electrophoresis.
If you are interested in hearing more, reach out to us. We believe that each team member will impact and improve the lives of those we work with, and those we work for—our patients.
Capstan is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Capstan from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Capstan and do not obligate Capstan to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring managers or employees.