Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe, and Australia. We are committed to transforming the promise of science and technology into therapies that can make a meaningful difference in patients' lives. We are passionate about advancing treatments for – and potentially curing – some of the world's most challenging and complex illnesses and bringing these scientific innovations to people in need. Focus on areas of high unmet needs, including HIV, HBV, HCV, Oncology, Inflammatory & Infectious diseases.
This position will be located in the Foster City, CA OR the Stockley Park, UK office. Gilead will relocate if needed.The Director HIV Franchise Marketing:
- Has a proven track record of success in all respects of selling, i.e. technical knowledge, selling techniques, interpreting/analyzing data, and an in-depth understanding of medical field and pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate business direction and vision to the region.
- Demonstrates an ability to understand, analyze and effectively communicate scientific/technical business information, through understanding of applicable pharmaceutical marketing and sales regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Demonstrates outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills, and influencing and negotiating skills.
- Understands and provides guidance on relevant human resource management issues, demonstrates capability to navigate complex people management issues.
- Demonstrates an ability to manage large projects and work within cross-functional teams. Adheres to operational excellence practices for administrative work.
- Has proven experience in managing a successful product launch and/or product turnaround.
- Is viewed by managers and peers as an expert on industry trends, and product and disease state knowledge, including the pros and cons (overall goals of plan, cost vs. efficacy, dosing, duration, etc.) of a product protocol.
Specific education and experience requirements:
- Typical candidates will possess a BA or BS degree, preferably in life sciences or business administration.
- 14+ years of proven commercial experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry (preferably in specialty pharmaceuticals) - including 2 years of pharmaceutical sales management experience.
- Achievement of any mandatory country-specific pharmaceutical sales certifications is essential.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Exhibits leadership of the region and leadership within the organization by setting a standard of excellence.
- Exercises judgment, integrity and equitable management practices necessary to guide the day-to-day activities of a diverse cross-section of individuals.
- Develops and maintains solid customer relationships with key executives, decision-influencers and decision-makers at major centers, clinics and other accounts.
- Tracks and reinforces measures of sales force effectiveness (i.e., adherence to strategy, tactical implementation, program planning proper use of funds, reach and frequency on targets, etc.) at the regional level in order to meet corporate sales objectives.
- Provides counseling and coaching to sales team, responsible for enhancing their selling skills, developing expert product and disease state knowledge, customer focus and increasing skills in time management and resource allocation.
- Recruits, hires and manages a team of specialists within the Gilead Sales organization. Works with team to create learning plans, recommends training and development solutions and provides mentoring and coaching as appropriate.
- Serves as communication liaison between home office and region to include the proactive identification and resolution of issues, opportunities and competitive activities to appropriate members of marketing and/or sales management.
- Clearly defines roles, responsibilities and measurable outcomes for all activities of specialist team. Regularly measure success, document and provide feedback on performance.
- Takes a lead role in representing company at professional events and promotes company products at such events.
- Utilizes high level of business acumen in analyzing and coordinating activities from identified industry trends, competitor's resources and practices.
- Utilizes exceptional project management skills to lead cross-functional projects with broad organizational impact.
- Ensures strict compliance, both in own behavior and behavior of sales team, with Gilead commercial compliance policy, and all applicable federal and state laws and guidance relating to product promotion and information dissemination including, but not limited to, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Food and Drug Administration's implementing regulations, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, PhRMA, Corporate Code of Business Conduct and the Office of the Inspector General's Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.