R & D Info Systems Senior Manager – SharePoint, Modern Workplace ToolsSpecific Responsibilities:
This position is in the Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) department within the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing ("PDM") organization. The R&D Info Systems Senior Manager is responsible to work closely with IT and PDM staff to deploy Office 365 (O365) and Modern Workplace Tools (MWT) to support collaboration needs across PDM organization and business partners. Focus on identifying process efficiency, data visibility and personal productivity improvement opportunities. Work in agile fashion to learn about the improvement opportunities and address them by deploying O365 and MWT. Responsibilities include training PDM staff in MWT for improved adoption and best in class user experience. Foster innovation and provide out of box solutions to digitalize business processes and provide real-time insight via reports dashboards supporting collaboration and knowledge management needs of a global organization. Continue to learn about the latest technologies available in the marketplace, conduct Proof of Concept projects and recommend innovative solutions to solve problems and exploit opportunities. Continue to enhance project governance and project intake processes ensuring strong alignment between PDM business priorities and project portfolio. Demonstrate strong knowledge and experience in O365 platform in providing effective technical and functional leadership to an internal team of technical resources, business analysts and project managers. Essential Functions:
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Partner with IT and PDM stakeholders to rollout O365 and MWT for improving business process efficiency, personal productivity, and collaboration capabilities across PDM organization extending to external contract partner network
- Strengthen O365 and MWT governance in PDM by effectively engaging with working group and steering committee members. Review and participate in decision making process about projects prioritization, roadmap and onboarding new technologies.
- Proactively communicate project intake and prioritization process with PDM stakeholders
- Provide broad technical and functional knowledge for O365 and MWT. Lead internal team of project managers, business analysts, developers, and architects to deliver multiple projects leveraging SDLC across agreed upon phases of project governance, requirement gathering, risk analysis, customization, testing, training, and rollout.
- Engage with PDM stakeholders involved in drug manufacturing, drug testing, supply chain, regulatory filing, and product quality functions to learn about their knowledge management and data visualization needs. Propose technical solution, develop Proof of Concept and support adoption of new technology to deliver value for PDM business.
- Work with PDM departments to develop a content migration roadmap from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint Online providing modern and intuitive user interface accessible via multiple devices to improve adoptability.
- Support organization and knowledge management of Gilead's commercial and clinical products by developing and enhancing Product Pages on SharePoint Online platform.
- Improve PDM lab operations processes by rolling out O365 tools to reserve lab instruments based on the real-time availability.
- Support Business Continuity Panning (BCP) for lab operations by providing early warning notification for the unplanned outages of instruments and lab buildings
- Engage with PDM departments to learn about their data visualization requirements. Leverage Power Apps and Power Automate to provide intuitive dashboards with necessary workflows to notify users about the exceptions.
- Work closely with data scientists leveraging AI/ML to support organization and searchability of content supporting knowledge management
- Provide effective content management operations support by developing internal processes, SLA, and skill sets. Engage with stakeholders to learn about the improvement opportunities.
- Conduct roadshows and seminars to communicate O365 and MWT success stories and lessons learnt inspiring PDM team members to embrace new technologies improving collaboration and personal productivity.
- Conduct periodic training sessions to train PDM audience improving their familiarity with new features of O365 and MWT.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related discipline with a minimum of eight (8) years of experience, OR a Master's Degree with a minimum of six (6) years of experience.
- 5+ years of O365 and Modern Workplace Tools experience in architecting, designing, and building technology solutions leveraging SharePoint Online, SharePoint Lists, Power Automate, Power Apps, Teams and OneDrive.
- Experience in planning, architecting, and executing large migration program from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint Online platform.
- Experience in engaging with diverse business stakeholders to propose technology solutions improving business processes, collaboration, and knowledge management
- Experience in conducting Organization Change Management initiative to improve adoption of O365 and Modern Workplace Tools
- Experience in deploying security tools to ensure the O365 environments are secured.
- Familiarity with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), 21 CFR Part 11, Annex 11, Compliant GxP Computerized Systems (GAMP5), and other regulatory policies.
- Experience in providing leadership and direction to direct reports and project team members.
- Experience in preparing and administering financial budgets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with technical and business audience.
- Experience in presenting to leadership team.
- Experience in conducting roadshows and seminars.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, coordination, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and technical skills.
- Detailed oriented, systematic, and rapid learner.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/GileadAbout Gilead:
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.