Associate Director, Capital ProjectsPosition Overview
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead Sciences is seeking a Associate Director, Capital Projects who will be responsible for the completion of quality projects on schedule, within budget and within scope, as well as full contract compliance. This role oversees all aspects of a project from award to project closeout by coordinating the efforts of our internal team, subcontractors, vendors, and project owners. The ideal candidate has 7+ years of construction experience, outstanding interpersonal skills, and a list of successfully managed projects.Qualified candidates will:
- Manages relationships with internal and external parties to clearly understand project scope, specifications, deliverables, prevent and resolve conflict, and deliver project success.
- Facilitate the creation of the business case and
- Prepares subcontract scopes of work to avoid gaps or overlaps, with attention to inclusions and exclusions, and owner-mandated administrative requirements
- Collaborates with team members to establish project budgets, schedules and delegate project tasks
- Secures and allocates resources needed for the completion of the project including building permits, licenses, materials, equipment and personnel.
- Negotiates, manages, and communicates changes to contract scope, schedule, and costs
- Plan and execute inspections; assess compliance and quality; identify and mitigate risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Provide regular status updates to the portfolio management group on Cost, Schedule, Scope and Safety.
- Demonstrates leadership and a willingness to support the professional development of other employees
- Know and comply with federal, state, and local building codes, ordinances, and regulations, maintaining the highest standards for safety and quality
- Minimum of 8 years previous experience managing concurrently multiple construction contracts that have multiple trade requirements for the federal government
- Bachelor's degree in construction, engineering, or related field.
- Knowledge of business and management principles including budgeting and resource allocation
- Knowledge of Project Control processes such as Project Change Controls, RFIs, Submittals, and Pay Application reviews with Work-In-Place verifications.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret construction plans, schematics, blueprints, drawings, specifications, and technical manuals to determine appropriate construction methods
- Knowledge of architectural, construction and design-build techniques, including self-performed work.
- Knowledge of the Project Management Institutes methodology for the structure and execution of a project
- Previous experience with the planning and execution of startup and commissioning of building utilities and systems.
- Solid computer skills, with working knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Project, Excel and Word. Previous experience with P6 is a plus.
- Proficiency with construction software such as eBuilder or Procore
- OSHA-30 certification and/or EM-385 certification preferred
- Previous experience working with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulations is preferred.
This position description is a summary and not a complete representation of the position; the essential functions of the position may change as duties are assigned.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.