Purchasing Associate II
Job ID: req2934
Employee Type: exempt full-time
Division: Biopharmaceutical Development Program
Facility: Frederick: ATRF
Location: 8560 Progress Dr, Frederick, MD 21701 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Accountability, Compassion, Collaboration, Dedication, Integrity and Versatility; it's the FNL way.
Biopharmaceutical Development Program (BDP) of Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc.
supports the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR) and
other government agencies through the development of novel agents for
first-in-man clinical studies.
- Sources, purchases, plans and schedules the movement of raw materials, packaging materials, parts, components, services, supplies, finished goods and related material through production and inventory process.
- Identifies raw material, component, and related requirements from engineering and production specifications and schedules.
- In front-end procurement mode, analyzes data and determines factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Coordinates and follows up with production, warehouse, and engineering personnel to ensure appropriate procurement, scheduling, and movement of materials and services.
- Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
- May monitor performance of suppliers and collaborate on demand analysis planning.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (according to CHEA). (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education). Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to the education requirement, a minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate with program staff
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Familiar with purchasing acquisition system
- Familiar with Deltek Cost Point Financial system
- Experience Cognos Financial system
- Experience with CorCentric Financial system
- Experience utilizing database info and structuring reports
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)