Freenome is a high-growth biotech company on a mission since 2014 to create tools that empower everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. To achieve this mission, Freenome is developing next-generation blood tests to detect cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages using our multiomics platform and machine learning techniques. Our first blood test will detect early-stage colorectal cancer and advanced adenomas.
In this newly created role, we are looking for a Senior Manager / Director, Talent Acquisition Operations to drive operational efficiency and ensure our system's capabilities fully support recruitment efforts as we continue to scale. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Talent Acquisition.
In this role, you will lead talent acquisition operations for Freenome, inclusive of strategy, enablement, coordination, compliance, systems, and tools. You will have the opportunity to shape strategy, influence people's priorities, and implement key projects across your designated focus areas. You’ll innovate and shape a modern recruiting tech stack that complements the organization's needs. You’ll inspire a diverse team to develop and support enabling recruiting solutions.
- Create and execute our talent acquisition operations strategy with measurable goals to drive scalable systems, practices, policies, processes, and employee engagement
- Build, plan, and execute talent acquisition compliance programs and initiatives including optimization of hiring processes, technology infrastructure, vendor management, and enablement strategy
- Build the foundation for a data-driven organization by developing organizational KPIs, metrics, reporting and data analytics to track progress, drive decisions and determine success
- Lead, oversee, and manage EEO and AAP to ensure compliance
- Develop, manage, and track functionality in Applicant Tracking System to ensure all features are unlocked and efficiently utilized by the TA team
- Directly manage the TA Coordination team, ensuring that all logistics relative to scheduling, offer letters, background checks, tactical communications, and any other pre-employment procedures with candidates and recruiters are performed in a professional manner
- Act as the liaison between the TA team and key internal partners to align around process and training needs. Partnerships include working with People Operations, Legal, Compliance, Total Rewards, etc.
- Develop key processes (e.g. headcount request, offer approval, requisition management)
- Ensure that vendors and processes meet privacy, legal, and business requirements) that are aligned with internal controls
- Partner with TA team to audit systems and processes to ensure data integrity and provide updates to appropriate parties
- Be the point of contact for external vendors and help collaborate with TA Partners to develop and streamline the contingent worker program
- Revamp and manage the Employee Referral Program to ensure effective use of the program
- Partner with the TA team to drive and shape key TA initiatives/programs such as DEIB, Internship Program, University Recruitment, and Employer Branding
Your background, perspective and experience:
- Minimum of 10+ years in full cycle recruitment
- 5+ years of recruitment/talent acquisition operations
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Recruiting tools and systems such as Greenhouse, LinkedIn Recruiter, etc.
- Experience working through ambiguity and defining new opportunities for team improvement and efficiencies
- Analytical, comfortable with large data sets, and able to extract business insights from analysis
- Strong project and roadmap management skills
- Passionate and knowledgeable about diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI)
- Must have experience in SOX Compliance
- BA or BS degree required
As a condition of employment, you agree to know and comply with our COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all employees who work on-site and/or attend work-related events to be fully vaccinated and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible. Company employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Absent a reasonable accommodation or legal exception, you agree to provide proof of your vaccination status and to be fully vaccinated by your first day on-site, in accordance with our policy. If you are currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you also agree to provide proof of having received a booster. If you are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you must provide proof of receiving a booster within two weeks of becoming eligible.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We have raised more than $1.1B from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital Management, Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis and the American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures.
A ‘Freenomer’ is a mission-driven employee who is fueled by the opportunity to make a positive impact on patients' lives, who thrives in a culture of respect and cross collaboration, and whose work makes a significant impact on the company and their career.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Pre-IPO equity
- Flexible PTO (exempt) and generous PTO (non-exempt)
- Comprehensive health coverage, including medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness and mental health resources, including Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401(k) plan
- $250.00 new hire stipend to enhance your home office experience
- Plus, a variety of other perks, including pre-tax commuter benefits, two paid volunteer days per year, pet insurance, and additional discounts
# # #
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
Notice to agencies:
Our in-house Talent Acquisition Team manages all employment opportunities at Freenome. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by Freenome’s Talent Acquisition team before submitting candidates to any Freenome employee.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or biographies from agencies under any circumstances. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Freenome, including those sent to a Freenome email address or directly to Freenome employees, will be considered Freenome property. Freenome will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Freenome will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Please do not contact Freenome employees directly. Compliance with this request will impact our decision to work with you.