Associate Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
The Associate Director, FP&A is accountable for internal financial reporting, forecasting, financial analysis, forecasting and decision support for the North American Oncology franchise.
This AD, FP&A will support the North America budget and business planning process, meeting or exceeding the expectations of Ipsen Executive Management; including business reviews with North America and Corporate while enabling sound business decisions in accordance with IFRS and budget.
Main Responsibilities & Job Expectations:
- Provide strategic and financial leadership to the North American Neuroscience and Rare Disease business units and oversee financial reporting and planning, budget management and business support.
- Play a key role on the BU Leadership Teams and cross functional business teams, including operating in a fiscally responsible and cost-effective way, and being a proactive, strategic business partner to the team in order to achieve corporate COI targets
- Drive P&L mindset to foster resource allocation and investment decisions at brand level
- Ensure monthly financial results accurately portray current operations and activities by proactively participating in monthly close procedures (accruals, close meetings, financial reviews, etc.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and metrics and communicate them to the business partners, including the roll up of Headcount, Functional budgets and capital expenditures
- Analyze financial performance including drives of performance and potential impact of current and future projections
- Identify, interpret and explain budget and expense variances: analyze cost variances, actual vs. plan/forecast and actual vs. prior period, review with Business Partners and Corporate Office
- Lead the budgeting and close process for respective functions
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments (senior management and directors) on various financial issues: monthly variances to budget and contract administration
- Assist with the development of financial presentations to NA Commercial leadership as well as Corporate Executives
- Prepare and update financial forecasts and analyses as required by senior management for select parts of the business
- Build comprehensive understanding of all core business functions of Ipsen’s organization and apply that knowledge to effectively manage strategic and tactical initiatives according to our vision
- Monitor day-to-day financial performance of select functional areas by reviewing and approving Purchase Orders and Contracts in line with the Management approved budget or forecast
- Review and prepare month-end journal entries in the areas of PO accruals
- Assist Finance leadership with key operations as needed, including: PMO on key Finance initiatives, policies and procedures, training & development needs
- Play a key role in the requirements gathering and roll out of enhanced finance system improvements and digital solutions
Abilities, Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in accounting, finance or other relavant degree; CPA/MBA strongly preferred
- 8+ years of relevant, demonstrated & practical experience developing robust financial forecasts and financial analyses across multiple finance disciplines (sales, expense, capital)
- Proven track record in leading/managing a financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting/business modeling function/process.
- Ability to build financial presentations for executive leadership and present financial results
- Thorough understanding of financial statements and the interface between external reporting, management reporting and budgeting/forecasting
- Prior leadership experience in a corporate FP&A function
- Solid understanding of IFRS
- Expertise in Finance and analytic tools including Excel, SAP, TM1, RDL
- Expertise is Microsoft Office Suite
In order to maintain a safe work environment, Ipsen requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against the Covid 19 virus, including booster, at the time of employment.
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.