The Associate Director, Global PV Portfolio Management reports through Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety (PPS) and is responsible for driving high-impact, cross-functional projects across PPS stakeholders. Specific responsibilities include:
- Partners hand-in-hand with business stakeholders to lead the assessment, design, and implementation of complex, cross-functional, projects
- Leads the approach and solutioning of projects including structuring ambiguous problems issues, designing analysis, formulating project approach, and driving team
- Leads project team meetings effectively. Uses the project governance process to effectively escalate and drive resolution of project issues. Demonstrates effective group facilitation skills and ability to drive consensus among team members regarding process changes.
- Collaborates effectively with management, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and team members inside and outside of PPT to design and implement cross-functional solutions.
- Develops effective working relationships with project team members. Communicates (oral and written) and interacts effectively with project sponsors, and shares information regarding projects concisely and effectively to project stakeholders.
- Leads by influence, developing ideas from concept to execution; positively influences project team members and outcomes without direct authority.
- Implements a “no-churn” project management approach for initiatives; develops project plans in support of the project management approach.
- Prepares status reports and dashboards using standard templates. Tracks risks and mitigation plans; tracks issues and facilitates resolution.
- Facilitates business teams to develop current state and future state process models.
- Drives deliverable preparation and owns individual deliverables (process or analytical models, compliance documentation, presentation materials, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a variety of roles associated with drug development (research and development, commercial, project management, operations) with a track record of expertise in one or more therapeutic areas
- Minimum of 1 year supporting cross-functional drug development teams in a core function (Program Management, Commercial, Development, Regulatory, Operations)
- Developing strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Growing knowledge of program management practices in the pharmaceutical industry
- Preferred:Experience in late stage drug development, including being a part of a launch teamExperience with both global and regional teams in the pharmaceutical industry
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com.