ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST - DMPK
The Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics Department at Global Blood Therapeutics is looking for a qualified Research Associate II with experience in conducting in vitro ADME assays and small molecule metabolite identification. The successful candidate will be responsible to characterize the absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion and pharmacokinetic properties of small molecule drug candidates for project teams spanning from early discovery to clinical stage development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on DMPK skills including bioanalysis, metabolite identification, in vitro ADME assays, PK and biomarker assay analysis as appropriate
- Strong working knowledge of Mass Spectrometry and associated Liquid Chromatography techniques is a must have
- A working ability to generate in vitro samples (microsomes and hepatocytes) and extract in vivo samples (plasma, urine etc.) for the purpose of metabolite identification
- Generate and upload assay data, communicate results/reports to DMPK colleagues and to multi-disciplinary project teams as required
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary team
- Maintain good electronic laboratory notebook record
- Perform routine instrument maintenance, troubleshoot as needed and liaise with equipment vendors as necessary
- Participate in the management of CROs for study request, execution, and timelines
- A BS/MS degree with a minimum of 8 years of experience in drug metabolism or analytical science related fields
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with qualitative/quantitative DMPK assays for in vitro ADME or in vivo PK, PK/PD and TK studies
- Good communication and organizational skills, excellent ability to work in a team-based environment are essential
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position may require you to work onsite or interact in person with customers of the Company and/or work onsite from time to time at the Company’s facilities. The Company requires all employees working in its facilities (including attending in-person meetings and events) to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for a disability/medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. This position requires you to maintain a fully-vaccinated status against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.