At CSL, we are focused on protecting the health of humanity. As a Research & Development Intern, you will learn and utilize innovative analytical and science skills to support the research and development of new medicines for unmet medical needs from inception through clinical trials to commercialization.What you will learn
- Work collaboratively with internal scientists and external collaborators to implement new technology and process improvements
- Review data and test results for reporting and documentation accuracy in compliance with regulatory and clinical safety standards
- Assist in laboratory and equipment maintenance and upkeep
- Apply research and experiment principles learned in the academic lab to contribute to the generation and exploration of ideas
- Maintain accurate, complete, legible, and concurrent records of work
As a Research & Development Intern, you will work under the supervision of a leader of R&D at the CSL Behring Headquarters in King of Prussia, PA.
During the assessment process, a recruiting specialist will align you to one of the following roles based on your expressed interest, background and skills:
- Clinical Quality Assurance
- R&D Medical Writer Intern
- Plasma Product Development
What we’re looking for in a candidate
- Enrollment in a university degree program for Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Science or a related field
- Interest in the biotechnology or healthcare industry
- Experience working in a laboratory setting, or lab-based coursework
- Demonstrated research, analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in an innovative and dynamic environment
CSL is a global biotechnology leader that develops and delivers innovative lifesaving medicines, protects public health and helps people with life-threatening medical conditions live full lives.
About the Internship Program
The CSL Internship Program is a paid 12-week program for university students in their sophomore or junior year of study.
As an intern, you'll have access to learning and development opportunities while working alongside a diverse group of business professionals who are leaders in their field. The hands-on program provides a career-defining experience that builds on your education with real-world project involvement.
Internship Program Requirements
- Enrollment in a university degree program
- Anticipated graduation date between December 2023 and August 2025
- Able to participate in the program for 12 weeks beginning in May or June 2023
- Located within the United States for the duration of the program
- Authorization to work in the United States
CSL hires summer interns across multiple locations in the United States. If your permanent address is more than 60 miles from the internship location, CSL may provide a housing stipend to offset some of your relocation expenses.
Disclaimer: This position reflects an anticipated future internship role with CSL during Summer 2023. It does not reflect a full-time permanent position with CSL. By applying to this role, you are expressing interest in an internship within CSL.
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!