HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate - Payer Contracting (US - Remote)
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will Senior Associate is integral to Amgens financial performance and will lead contracting activities for Amgens Managed Care Organization (MCO) customers. As a member of the US Value & Access team, you will serve as Payer Contractings point of contact for both internal and external partners for assigned Amgens top regional MCO and Medicaid customers. This role reports to a Senior Manager of Payer Contracting.
The Senior Associate will lead all aspects of Amgens customers and will be key in identifying and completing contract strategies to ensure Amgens business needs are met. This role is integral in communicating account information to facilitate pricing and contracting decision-making by senior leadership. Act as the primary contract owner for the MCO client responsibilities and will assist in review of product pricing requests with internal executive committees. Additionally, this individual will partner with cross-functional teams to support product-specific pricing strategies, value-based contracts, contract performance, and contract completion needs.
- Lead all aspects of contract development process in conjunction with Amgens account representative (Market Access), Coverage & Pricing, Legal, and other collaborators
- Build term sheets and complete request for proposals (RFPs) as needed to provide pricing offers to MCO customers
- Act as business owner of the contract between Amgen and its customer, specifically coordinate contracting strategy and achievement of assigned top regional MCOs
- Implement MCO pricing and contracting strategies in alignment with brand/business approach
- Engage in the development and maintenance of MCO pricing and contracting strategies
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of key MCO customers financials, growth drivers, membership, mergers/acquisitions, end customers, etc.
- Inform the pricing analytics team of customer-specific information and trends that critical to provide quarterly financial estimates for each customer
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Market Access, customers, Legal, Operations, and other teams as necessary
- Review formularies and submission files to ensure customer compliance with the contract
- Support ad-hoc requests by senior leadership for product and/or customer related business analytics and strategy
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The contracting professional we seek is a collaborator with these qualifications.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of commercial contracting, pricing, finance, accounting, and/or sales operations experience
Associates degree and 6 years of commercial contracting, pricing, finance, accounting, and/or sales operations experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of commercial contracting, pricing, finance, accounting, and/or sales operations experience
- Advanced degree (i.e. MBA, JD or equivalent degree)
- 2+ years of commercial contracting, pricing, finance, accounting, and/or sales operations experience in a biopharma or related business environment
- Experience solving complex business problems and running multiple projects concurrently
- Consistent record of growing responsibility and leadership experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Previous experience providing and delivering information for decision making by executive management
- Ability to read and understand legal contract documents
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.