HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Observational Research ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world. This vital role will have responsibilities for research activities on either the therapeutic/product facing teams or in the Data and Analytics Center (DAC) on functionally aligned teams. A CfOR Manager is recognized as a strong scientific contributor and as an author for papers in peer-reviewed journals, abstracts for scientific congresses or for internal reports that improve the companys mission.
This role will primarily be located on the Amgen corporate campus in Thousand Oaks, CA, but remote opportunities may also be available.
Key Activities include:
- Designs, executes, and manages epidemiologic studies to address research questions of interest for Amgen product teams e.g. to characterize the incidence/prevalence of disease in US, Europe, Asia, and other geographies
- Executes and manages research projects involving the analysis of multiple types of data including medical claims, electronic health records, and registries using advanced analytical platforms such as Aetion
- Provides research support for safety and other consumers of real-world evidence at Amgen across the life cycle of Amgen products, supports the development of risk management plans, and performs pharmacovigilance studies, as needed
- Conducts literature reviews and prepares research reports and scientific manuscripts
- Stays abreast of the latest developments in the field of observational research and drug development
- Promotes awareness, understanding, and use of observational research methods
- Communicates significant scientific information to a variety of audiences
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The manager we seek is a professional with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Master's degree and 3 years of scientific experience OR
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of scientific experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of scientific experience OR
- High school diploma / GED & 12 years of scientific experience
- Doctorate in Epidemiology or other subject with high observational research content
- Experience in the design, execution, and analysis of observational research studies within Pharmaceutical or Public Health setting
- Experience in research to support drug development
- Experience working with secondary data systems, including administrative claims, EMR, registries
- Experience in observational research project planning and management
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Conducting epidemiologic research usingAetionplatform
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that look after others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us!careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.