HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Results Delivery Office (RDO) drives transformation and builds critical capabilities that enable Amgen respond to rapid advancements in science and technology in a dynamic economic landscape, and consistently meet or exceed business commitments.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our team of leaders and liaisons, working on these high priority initiatives that drive value through simplification of Amgens largest, cross-functional, end-to-end processes.
In this vital role you will report into the Enterprise Transformation Excellence function within RDO, and will be assigned to one or more transformation initiatives related to beginning to end processes spanning Operations, R&D, Commercial, and/or Corporate functions (eg. Finance), to help the team prioritize, plan, execute, and deliver on their goals.
- Works closely with the initiative lead and/or liaison to help plan, execute, monitor, and control, activities to meet the established goals and objectives within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and budget.
- Ensures project plans, actions, and decisions are detailed and progress is communicated to key stakeholders.
- Facilitates team meetings and communications, including presentations, schedules, agendas, minutes, action items, memos, presentations and other documents.
- Applies knowledge and understanding of team objectives, escalating issues to the leaders as appropriate.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The project focused professional we seek is a collaborator with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 2 years of project management experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of project management experience
Associates degree and 10 years of project management experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of project management experience
- Experience generating project documentation, eg. charters and plans including goals, objectives, deliverables, resources, risk mitigation, timelines etc.
- Experience managing cross-functional project teams, developing and executing against project plans;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of the organization;
- Effective Meeting Management practices, including scheduling, preparations, minutes and following up on completion of action items;
- Works independently and in teams
- Knowledge of Agile ways of working
- Familiar with one or more major functions, i.e. Operations, R&D, Commercial, Finance in a science-based company or similar industry
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proactive, curious, and high learning agility
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills
- Flexibility, resilience, and ability to adapt as the business evolves
- Strong critical thinking with the ability to synthesize facts and insights for problem solving & decision making
- Ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scoping the problem, solving and implementing
- Proficient using PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, MS Teams, WebEx, and Miro
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.