HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Portfolio Resource Analysis Sr. ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Amgen is seeking a Portfolio Resource Analysis Sr Manager to join the Research and Development Strategy and Operations organization. In this vital role you will work toward multiple goals that will enable outstanding medicines to move through the commercialization pipeline bringing therapies to patients. You will provide Development Teams and Functional Management with a resource demand forecast and supply analysis to enable effective operational planning & decision making. You will provide stewardship of R&D resource algorithms to drive a systematic methodology and tool for forecasting functional resources in support of functional planning, portfolio management and process efficiency monitoring.
You will be part of the larger corporate mission of bringing medicines to patients with unmet medical needs every day. Our scale is global and supports our R&D organization around the world. Please join an outstanding team that delivers for our partners!Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all aspects in the planning and delivery of the resource forecast and analysis outputs (standard reviews and ad hoc scenarios) to support Functional Leadership, Sr Management, Finance, Portfolio Management and Process Improvement objectives
- Partner with Functional Leads and Project Managers and Planners to provide context and insights to portfolio changes driving resource demand variances to prepare rationale for anticipated resourcing questions
- Drive system and process innovation within team and the larger organization to address stakeholder needs in alignment with organizational strategy and vision
- Drive a consistent algorithm design methodology across R&D functions
- Facilitate algo impact analysis for process improvement changes and governance of algorithm updates
- Drive functional partner engagement and ownership of resource algorithms
- Initiate and be responsible for the review of algorithm and portfolio assumptions with functional leads
- Drive the variance analysis of algo forecast to actual time allocation data to identify algo misalignment
- Maintain collaborations by communicating, seeking advice, and facilitating critical business decisions
- Drive information management strategy and continuous improvement initiatives
- Work to translate the portfolio trending insights to application of resources to portfolio
- Lead and participate in cross-functional process improvement initiatives
- Adapt to a constantly evolving, fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- Partner with Finance and Functional budget gatekeepers to embed resource budget true up, impact and variance analysis into the resource forecasting process
- Support Functional Leadership in business case development of resourcing proposals in a way that demonstrates advocacy and builds credibility with team members
- Provide direction, coaching and mentorship for staff to deliver quality forecasting outputs
- Implement special projects and assignments
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of directly related experience OR
- Masters degree and 6 years of directly related experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 8 years of directly related experience OR
- Associate degree and 10 years of directly related experience OR
- High School diploma/GED and 12 years of directly related experience
- BA/BS/BSc in the sciences or in management sciences (decision analysis, operations research, statistics, strategic planning), finance, economics, basic sciences, engineering or other majors with strong analytical focus
- 9 years work experience in life sciences or medically related field, including 6 years of biopharmaceutical clinical product development
- Strong clinical trials operations knowledge, drug development lifecycle and portfolio management processes
- Experience with resourcing applications (Planisware Preferable)
- Advanced skills in configurable application software and analytical development methodologies (Excel, Access, Spotfire, Tableau, Smartsheet)
- Proven exceptional interpersonal, project management, and strategic / critical thinking abilities and eye for business
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple responsibilities, priorities and tasks with minimal direction
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment, as well as build external relationships and navigate a matrixed organization
- Proficient facilitation, negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Previous management experience of direct reports
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.