Summary of the Position
This role defines, documents, assesses, and scrutinizes business processes of USP at department and enterprise level to identify areas for potential improvement. The focus is on streamlining operations or developing solutions that allow for improved efficiency or increased productivity. The position also ensure processes are aligned with organization objectives and guidelines. The role will meet and interact with stakeholders across USP to gather research, prepare documentation and develop recommendations. They may also design and implement tech-based programs to automate routine business processes.
This position also will be responsible for elicitation, analysis, specification and validation of requirements and constraints to a level that enables effective development and operations of new or changed software, systems, processes, products, and services. The management of requirements throughout the whole of the delivery and operational life cycle of the software, system, processes, products, or services. The negotiation of trade-offs that are both acceptable to key stakeholders and within budgetary, technical, regulatory, and other constraints. The adoption and adaptation of requirements management lifecycle models based on the context of the work and selecting appropriately from plan-driven/predictive approaches or more adaptive (iterative and agile) approaches.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plans and drives scoping, requirements definition and prioritization activities for large, complex initiatives.
- Selects, adopts, and adapts appropriate requirements definition and management methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Obtains input from, and formal agreement to, requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Negotiates with stakeholders to manage competing priorities and conflicts.
- Establishes requirements baselines. Ensures changes to requirements are investigated and managed.
- Contributes to the development of organizational methods and standards.
- Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organization change.
- Selects, adopts, and adapts appropriate business analysis methods, tools, and techniques, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Collaborates with stakeholders at all levels, in the conduct of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
- Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Business, relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least four (4) years of progressive experience in IT as Business Process Analyst or Business Analyst, Consulting as Business Analyst, or a similar role
- Demonstrates clear leadership.
- Communicates effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understands the implications of new technologies. Understands and communicates industry developments, and the role and impact of technology in USP. Absorbs complex information.
- Promotes compliance with relevant legislation and the need for services, products and working practices to provide equal access and equal opportunity to people with diverse abilities.
- Takes the initiative to keep both own and colleagues' skills up to date.
- Manages and mitigates risk.
- Ability to identify the communications and relationship needs of stakeholder groups.
- Ability to translate communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining, and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding. Facilitates business decision-making processes. Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
- Ensures that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services.
- Ensures that such problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting system(s).
- Enables development of problem solutions.
- Coordinates the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Analyses patterns and trend
None. This position is non-supervisory
As a condition of employment with United States Pharmacopeial Conventions (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Information Technology
Job Type Full-Time