Who We Are:
We are an integrated genetic medicines company developing targeted, disease-modifying medicines for patients with life-limiting respiratory diseases. Our treatments address the underlying genetic cause in underserved populations and have the potential to tremendously impact the quality and length of patients’ lives.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission: harnessing our multi-platform approach to develop disease-modifying medicines. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in RNA delivery technologies, protein structure, tRNA biology, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and drug development.
Summary of Position:
The Research Associate will work as part of a team, under the direction of the group leader/manager, to conduct laboratory experiments to support the development of robust scalable LNP-encapsulated nucleic acids formulations and manufacturing processes, including lab-scale process development, process scaleup, and in-process characterization. The Research Associate will have the opportunity to work as an integral part of a talented, diverse team of scientists, and develop career in the exciting field of RNA therapeutics. The ideal candidate will be proactive, enthusiastic, and show a passion for LNP-RNA formulation and process development. The applicant should have strong communication and collaboration skills, along with a background in LNP formulation and process development.
- Executes studies to define formulation components, vehicle, and primary container.
- Operates common biopharmaceutical unit operations such as mixing, dialysis, tangential flow filtration, and sterile filtration.
- Performs in-process characterization such as pH, particle size, encapsulation efficiency measurement etc.
- Supports troubleshooting and technical investigations as needed.
- Responsible for executing or supporting experiments to meet agreed upon deliverables and timelines.
- Maintain thorough and detailed electronic lab notebooks and documentation records.
- Support and participate in R&D and project management meetings.
- Adhere to all laboratory safety requirements and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality and lab equipment.
- Assist in ordering and receiving of lab supplies.
- B.S. or M.S. Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Bioengineering, Material Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related scientific with laboratory experience (ideally in organic chemical synthesis, nanoparticles, formulation development, nucleic acids, drug delivery)
- Strong written and oral communication skills, comfort with a "start-up environment"
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits package with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development.
ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.