This positing is for a senior level experienced Data Architect to conceive, design, engineer, and help implement data, analytic and integration solutions to meet cross enterprise business needs. This position will investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art data management, analytic and integration technology platforms that drive cross functional productivity, efficiency, and insights. Creates and drives adoption of enterprise‐wide architecture and roadmaps focused on data integration, APIs, Advanced Analytics, Big Data Platforms/Elastic Scale, Analytics and other data centric technologies.
- Independently responsible for driving data and analytic technology on multiple projects. Demonstrate mastery across a wide range of data management disciplines including Data Warehousing, Data Integration, Data Visualization, Integrations, Advanced Analytics, Big Data Platforms/Elastic Scale, Artificial Intelligence and other data centric technologies.
- Create new solutions and architecture models that contribute to organizational effectiveness. Provide planning and discipline to ensure that investments in process improvement, information, and technology support the organization's strategic goals, enabling quick responses to change in market conditions and new opportunities.
- Develops and achieves data strategies in alignment with functional goals and key business objectives. Collaborates with experts within function to integrate technical objectives into activities associated with accelerated development of new/improved products or technology.
- Advances technical expertise within function. Proactively demonstrates leadership by advising and sharing knowledge and expert opinions with subordinates, peers, and senior management. Mentors and trains functional colleagues and assess current and emerging business challenges.
- Ensures quality and effectiveness of major project plans through sound design, early risk assessments, and implementation of fallback strategies.
- Sources and identifies emerging business and technological trends from multiple internal and external sources and assess relevance. Integrates trends into short-term and long-term objectives and technical roadmaps.
- Shapes relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, and industry peers in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Responsible for adherence to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, and data security.
Bachelor's Degree with 9 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 8 years’ experience; PhD with 4 years’ experience.
Technical background in healthcare, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices or pharmaceutical companies.
Proven ability to innovate with a history of new or improved technology solutions with remarkable impact on company productivity.
Interacts well with diverse groups within function and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
Demonstrated ability to influence others in areas of science and technology.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com.