Performing critical work that impacts our industry and our world’s health while problem solving and innovating in the field – that’s what Scientists at KCAS get to do every day. If that gets you excited too, then maybe working as a Scientist at KCAS is a role to consider.
When you work as a BioPharma LC-MS/MS Scientist at KCAS, you get to further our mission as the core of KCAS, carrying out and supervising all aspects of our studies.
Our BioPharma LC-MS/MS lab team uses LCMS techniques to conduct sophisticated sample preparation to meet bioanalytical needs for drug discovery, preclinical, and clinical studies, including bioanalysis of drugs and metabolites, biomarkers, and active endogenous compounds in biological fluids and tissues.
In this role, we’ll rely on you to:
- Design and execute all phases of assigned projects including sample preparation (extractions, enrichments/affinity capture, digestions), method development and qualification for LCMS, troubleshooting, data analysis and report generation.
- Act as lead scientist, help to design experiments, provide work instructions and technical training to more junior scientific staff in daily activities.
- Able to setup and change instrument configurations for various LCMS methods.
- Prepare data summaries for senior scientists to aid in client updates.
- Act a technical expert for all aspects of process design and problem solving.
- Perform all aspects of job in a way that supports company brand and supports company mission, vision, and values.
You’ll do all this in graduated sterile labs, as part of our new state-of-the-art building constructed explicitly for our purposes. You’ll be counted on to share your expertise as a mentor to those earlier in their career, have direct access to KCAS leaders to share your vision and ideas, be trusted as an expert in your field and supported as you write papers and speak at conferences, and experience opportunities to further advance your own career and knowledge. You’ll also experience the benefit a casual work environment. And every day, you’ll be part of decisions and work that pioneers the latest drug development in human and animal healthcare.
At KCAS, demand for our expertise in bioanalytical and biomarker services is growing, and now is a great time to join us and be part of our team of dedicated experts who are together, improving the world’s health!
(Note, this is a representative summary of responsibilities and is not meant to be exhaustive.)
WHO YOU ARE
You will thrive at KCAS if you enjoy a relational environment, are purpose- and values-driven, embrace constant development and supportive leadership, and enjoy being part of innovative work.
To qualify specifically for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or chemical/biochemical engineering, or related field with at least 3 years of experience with LC-MS/MS OR
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or chemical/biochemical engineering or related field with at least 2 years of experience with LC-MS/MS OR
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry or chemical/biochemical engineering or related field and at least 1 year of experience with LC-MS/MS
- Bioanalytical sample preparation, Quantitative LC-MS/MS, and multi-dimensional chromatography
- Experience with proteins and peptides as well as small molecule biomarkers is preferred
- Experience with Reversed Phase and Hilic chromatography at the analytical and micro/nano flow rates or protein digestions and immunoaffinity enrichments (hybrid LCMS) is a plus
Depending on your background and qualifications, we may consider hiring you for one of three levels of Scientist roles at KCAS. This will be determined during the interview process.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
Our benefits include, and extend beyond, the traditional package. At KCAS, you’ll enjoy company sponsored events like food trucks, family days and spirit days. You’ll grow in your career with KCAS University. You’ll be able to connect with like-minded employees to further KCAS's approach to key areas such as wellness, inclusion, and community outreach. You’ll engage as an owner in our stock ownership program. You’ll have access to the latest technology. And you’ll be able to invest in the community with paid time off to volunteer.
WHO WE ARE
We are a fast-growing contract research organization (CRO) headquartered in Kansas City, pioneering the latest drug development in both human and animal health fields. Demand for our expertise is growing and so is our need for great people to work in nimble, empowered teams committed to one another’s growth. At KCAS, we advance both great science AND great people.
Learn more about KCAS in this video.
KCAS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow additional instructions and to perform other duties as directed by a supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
KCAS recruits qualified candidates without regard to citizenship status. We have internal processes in place to enable hiring of the right candidates through appropriate U.S. Immigration framework.