Why Patients Need You
Your in-depth knowledge and financial skills will keep our products in production and our innovators innovating. Whether you are part of establishing, coordinating, researching, or administering financial operations, your role is critical to getting our medicines in the hands of the people who need them most, faster and more efficiently than ever before.What You Will Achieve
Pfizer's GBS Financial Services (GBS FS) organization delivers best-in-class accounting, finance and compliance operations globally for the Pfizer enterprise. The GBS FS organization is a high performing team comprised of more than 1300 colleagues located in 8 sites around the world, in addition to an outsourced workforce of 200 people. The industry-leading value proposition is to centralize, standardize and optimize complex processes and in delivering a quality service at a reasonable cost with a compliance mindset. The scope of services provided by the GBS FS organization include Record to Report processes: US Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Statutory Reporting, Financial Reporting, the Intercompany Center of Excellence (CoE), Financial Master Data Governance, Risk Management / Compliance, Capital CoE, Inventory CoE and Balance Sheet CoE; Transaction Processing in Invoice to Pay, Indirect Tax, Order to Cash, Credit Risk and Gross to Net, Manufacturing Finance support; Operational Transfer Pricing CoE; Treasury Operations CoE, and MAPP Administration CoE.
The Senior Accountant will support the Balance Sheet Center of Excellence (CoE) team. Key responsibilities include the global coordination and review of balance sheet analytics, webform portal support and administration, support of Cadency/other system administration and maintenance as well as preparation of additional metrics and reporting. Key business partners include: Global R2R, Controllers, Cadency end users (includes reconcilers, reviewers, and inquiry only users across all functions and global sites), Business Technology (BT), Trintech (Cadency’s Vendor), and Internal and External Auditors. The Senior Accountant will support the implementation and operationalization of global in-scope projects, including Digital and other optimization activities.How You Will Achieve It
- Global coordination and review of balance sheet analytics, including the preparation of materials for input from stakeholders
- Administer and support Webform and Supplemental Disclosure Portal, including the execution of key controls surrounding the completeness of information
- Support other system administration efforts within the BSCOE as needed
- Assist colleagues and end-users with resolution of escalated and complex issues
- Maintain records and supporting files and documentation in an organized manner
- Effectively communicate to peers and management with regards to work tasks and deadlines
- Identify issues proactively and communicate to manager along with potential range of solutions; Act as an initial informal point of escalation to resolve questions from junior colleagues
- Review select activities of junior colleagues
- Prepare complex analysis for internal customers, external accountants and corporate audit; own all required support including the resolution and remediation of open questions and concerns
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead the development of range of solutions
- Provide informal coaching to further develop junior colleagues
- Ensure activities are performed to a high standard of operational excellence, established service level agreements and deadlines are met, and adhere to defined GBS process and control requirements
- Engage directly with business partners on complex activities and deliverables; maintain effective relationships with business partners
- Develop technical and business skills, ensuring effective and efficient use of time and competencies
- Understand the functionality, interfaces and interdependencies of Pfizer’s financial processes and systems
- Maintain complete and accurate work instructions and SOX related internal control documentation; Support the Internal and External audits and SOX compliance initiatives
- Ensure strong commitment to the control environment through training and review to meet all control and compliance requirements.
- Participate in GBS Record-to-Report global initiatives including transformational projects as needed, as a subject matter expert for the area
Required Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4 years of technical accounting
- Public accounting experience
- Practical experience of US GAAP and Statutory Accounting/Experience of other GAAPs
- English proficiency
- Masters degree
- CPA or equivalent (ACCA, CIMA)
- Public accounting experience
- Advanced SAP & HFM experience
- Advanced Cadency experience
- International experience in emerging markets
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and solve problems in an unstructured environment
- Self-motivated, initiates tasks with little to no guidance or support
- Must possess excellent presentation, verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent business acumen to develop effective strategic business partnership with key stakeholders
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of accounting and finance principles
Work Location Assignment:Tampa office 2-3 days per week
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Finance & Accounting