Why Patients Need You
Here at Pfizer, we have a specific purpose – to find breakthroughs that change patients' lives. We are a patient-centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity, and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.What You Will Achieve
We are recruiting an Analytical Scientist to join the Bioprocess Development Group in Kalamazoo, MI. The incumbent will work as part of an interdisciplinary team and provide analytical support for key projects in development. Principal duties include method development and qualification, plate screening analysis, process monitoring, and data analysis using analytical techniques.
You will help Pfizer develop improved processes used in the research and development of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience and consulting with others. Your ability to plan will help in preparing short-term work activities on projects. It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- You will work as part of an interdisciplinary team developing and delivering new API bioprocesses and technology and conducting analytical troubleshooting as required.
- Develop, evaluate & qualify analytical methods across a range of techniques (including HPLC, UHPLC, GC, LC/MS) as required to support the development of next-generation bioprocesses
- Workingwith colleagues to assess the most appropriate analytical tools to support project activities
- Advocating new technology for improvements in the areas of data generation/reporting, sample turnaround times, and streamlining screening platforms to increase efficiency
- Associate:Applicant must have an HS Diploma with six years of relevant experience,OR an Associate's degree with four years of experience;OR a Bachelor's degree with 0-2 years of experience.
- Good knowledge of fundamental organic chemistry
- Practical experience in a range of analytical techniques and method development, including but not limited to HPLC, UHPLC, LC/MS, and GC along with different detection modes
- Ability to learn new techniques, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Experience with Empower, OpenLab, or other chromatography data systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Equipment troubleshooting and being able to suggest options for repair
- Conduct investigations associated with analytical issues for existing commercial API processes or bioprocesses in development
- Support technical transfer of analytical methods onto the site, across the site, and out to external sites both within the Pfizer network and to third parties as required
Lab position: Frequent standing and walking, frequent detailed manual manipulations, and computer-based work.NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Some overtime and/or weekend work may be required
Last date to apply: 10/10/2022
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development