For more than 170 years, Pfizer has continuously worked to make a difference by delivering innovative therapies that improve the lives of our patients. By building a talented community of colleagues that align with our patient-focused purpose and core values, Pfizer has improved global health and impacted more than 780 million patients around the world.
In 2021, Pfizer expanded its global footprint to Tampa, establishing a strategic powerhouse that brings together multi-disciplinary, professional services including Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Digital, HR Services, Sourcing, Commercial and Project Management into a single, centralized location. With so many diverse and highly-skilled colleagues supporting multiple functions and services across the organization, Pfizer Tampa offers ample opportunity to engage in newer ways of working that enhance, simplify, and transform how we deliver treatments to our patients.
Located in Heights Union, the Pfizer Tampa site offers a modern industrial design, the latest in innovative technology, and close proximity to Downtown with views of the Tampa Riverwalk and access to the Channel district and Bayshore Boulevard. From an onsite fitness center to top floor panoramic balconies and outdoor patio, our activity-based space will provide various ways of working to offer collaboration and flexibility to colleagues. The Pfizer Tampa site has constructed an atmosphere that fosters interaction and prioritizes colleague health and wellness.
Additionally, to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives, Pfizer is revolutionizing and evolving how colleagues work today. This year, Pfizer launched a new initiative that we call Log In For Your Day where a majority of colleagues can arrange with their manager to work remotely two or three days a week while still maintaining the ability to collaborate regularly in person at our sites. This flexible working model blends the best of remote work and on-site collaboration to drive greater flexibility, support work-life balance, and promote a vibrant, agile, and innovative culture.
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives.
In Pfizer Digital Core Solutions, we partner closely with our Pfizer business operations colleagues to efficiently deliver robust supporting technology solutions that enhance their work to achieve the Pfizer purpose. We value our team members’ technical skills, but also their passion, teamwork, and growth. Our culture is focused on delivering value through courage, excellence, equity, and joy. Our collective skillset supports all aspects of technology planning, project execution and application development excellence.
The Software Engineer plays a key role in meeting our mission. In addition to standard software development and agile team responsibilities, SEs act as mentors as well as technical subject matter experts on in-house, outsourced, and co-sourced developed global applications. SEs may additionally lead technical teams and work independently or lead others on initiatives. SEs will collaborate closely with stakeholders of all levels across both the Digital Core Solutions organization as well as our partner business operations organizations, leading to opportunities to learn from and advise senior Pfizer leadership.
The SE will work closely with their manager to ensure growth over time, including the selection of project work among hundreds of applications that will expand their skillset to meet personal and organizational goals, to provide fulfilling work, and to advance their careers.
- Works independently and within teams to advance organizational and project objectives.
- Works with project teams across R&D Solutions, providing technical leadership across business domains, including support for short and long-term strategies in alignment with Pfizer Digital colleagues: Client Partners, Architects, Solution Delivery Leads, among others.
- Participates in Agile practices in alignment with team processes and objectives.
- Designs application areas to meet project objectives and alignment with Digital standards and best practices.
- Works in team environment with Pfizer colleagues as well as vendor partners.
- Ensures the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders are met.
- Provides technical management of colleagues and contract resources for software development projects.
- Provides technical expertise and oversight to ensure the quality and maintenance of existing production systems.
- Suggests and assists in the development of Engineering Best Practices for the group.
- Designs, prototypes, implements and unit tests software solutions in supported business areas.
- Specifies user/system interfaces and translates logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance requirements and existing systems.
- Produces detailed designs and documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools, where appropriate.
- Conducts reviews of supplied specifications as appropriate.
- Creates, improves, and maintains DevOps and other build and code management configurations to support efficient, high quality, and secure software development and delivery.
- Undergraduate degree in Software Engineering, Information Management, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other scientific or engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant experience within the Software Engineering discipline.
- Experience working within teams of technologists, IT professionals or project managers using Agile, DevOps, and other approaches for iterative development.
- Demonstrated capabilities and experience collaborating and working effectively in team settings, frequently in virtual teams with client partner and customer engagement responsibilities.
- Experience in supporting the selection or implementation of technical direction on large projects and/or complex, program-level initiatives requiring technical and business-domain expertise.
- Experience and demonstrated competencies either informally or formally managing and/or mentoring others with an emphasis on communicating software engineering and project development best practices.
- Demonstrated focus on the high quality of outputs through various methods, such as through code quality initiatives, implementation of automated testing or a unit testing program, process improvement, or leading team engagement with quality initiatives.
Required Capabilities and Experience:
- Experience using Agile and DevOps tools such as Jira, GitHub, qTest, and Tosca.
- Demonstrated capabilities in understanding data and integration architectures to manage, transform, and exploit data across the enterprise
- Capable of understanding security requirements, and using the frameworks and tools the organization has put in place to meet those requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including technical writing / documentation
- Quick to establish trust and respect
- Action oriented and energetic
- Resourceful and creative
- Persistent and determined
- Mature and cool under pressure
- Easily makes connections
- Reads situations quickly
- Commitment and follow through
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Information & Business Tech