*** Pfizer now offering $4,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS for successful hires through December 31, 2022***Why Patients Need You
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what’s possible and taking action.What You Will Achieve
Working with Pfizer’s dynamic engineering team, you will play a critical part in managing the maintenance and reliability engineering activities involving the redesign, maintenance, and repair of utilities systems, buildings, and production/non-production equipment.
You are recognized as a subject matter expert with specialized knowledge and skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and equipment. You will be entrusted with adapting standard methods and procedures by applying your knowledge, prior work experience and requirements. Your business awareness of cross-organizational impact on project delivery will elevate the quality of project deliverables. You will arrive at decisions on which methods and procedures are the best fit for different work situations.
You will train others and reinforce behaviors that will help us achieve our goal of providing the best healthcare to our patients.How You Will Achieve It
- Perform maintenance, changeovers, adjustments and repair of production and process equipment, the general facility, and utility equipment.
- Participate in multicraft work activities as required.
- Responsible for priority assessment and decision making as it relates to troubleshooting, diagnostics, and a proactive maintenance of systems and mechanical equipment in a cost-effective manner.
- Participate in safety training programs and utilize tools, equipment etc. in a safe manner as per plant safety procedures.
- Read and follow equipment schematics, logic diagrams and engineering drawings.
- Use electrical testing equipment, including multimeters, clamp-on current meters, meggers etc. in a safe manner.
- Make recommendations regarding improved machine performance.
- Follow all SOP and (Current) Good Manufacturing Practices (part of GxP) requirements.
- Provide customer training in the implementation of those systems in compliance with company standards and procedures, and government regulations (SOPs, GMPs, GLPs, PSM, etc.).
- Responsible for providing input to performance assessment on team members.
- Manage own time, professional development and accountable for own results.
- Prioritize own workflow and may lead and allocate work of others and assist in establishing their priorities.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6+ years of experience
- Certification in assigned area, if applicable
- Demonstrated aptitude in basic mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation skills and problem-solving techniques
- Knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Knowledge of the general trades, that is, construction, electrical, machine shop
- Well-developed time management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and strong work ethic
- Working knowledge of Pharma Utility systems and operations
Routinely exposed to hazardous materials, heights, temperature extremes, equipment in motion, noisy, dusty and dirty conditions, stooping, bending and heavy lifting. Participates in multi-craft work activities as required. (EMU craft generic). The proper use of the correct Personal Protective Equipment for each task as well as compliance with all applicable safety Standard Procedures is a must.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
May work variable shifts and 24 hour on call, weekends and overtime as required.
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Last date to apply: 9/28/2022
Schedule is subject to change
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.