HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Specialist IS Engineer Data CenterLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this vital role you will be supporting our enterprise manufacturing data centers and the logistical layout of resources and equipment within our manufacturing campus located in West Greenwich, Rhode Island. The role is accountable to provide direction and operational oversight of our enterprise data center service and operations.
This position has sophisticated responsibilities including running cable pathways, space, power, and cooling requirements. Our specialists fulfill a meaningful role in the center capacity planning process and handle local business continuity and disaster recovery plans. This position will provide oversight of the Data Center Operations team within our West Greenwich campus. This is the enterprise department that runs the physical hosting infrastructure and provides support to private and public cloud hosting options, compute, storage, hyper-converged and backup systems.
- Provides guidance on the development, delivery, and continuous improvement of data center regional operations
- Ensures service is aligned with the key principles of service ownership which includes meeting the needs of the business, cost effectiveness, scalability, compliance, reliability, and resilience
- Implements infrastructure architecture standards with industry best practices and ensures consistency to standards throughout project completion
- Responsible for driving the completion of substantial projects, programs, and strategies by working with appropriate internal technical specialists, third-party service providers and by providing frequent clear and concise written communications
- Validates alignment with industry standard processes, current Smart building offerings, and construction methods of substructure distribution supporting complex networking environments
- Develops and maintains functional relationships across multidisciplinary teams to anticipate future physical infrastructure requirements
- Provides representation and technical interface to key internal partner organizations including virtualization, network, storage, compute, facilities, and engineering
- Contributes to Capacity Planning, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery Exercises
- Provides ITIL Process Planning as applicable
- Travel: Domestic and international travel up to 15% may be required
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Information Systems professional we seek is an Engineer with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 3 years of Information Systems and Data Center Operations experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Information Systems and Data Center Operations experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Information Systems and Data Center Operations experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems and Data Center Operations experience
- 7+ years of experience in IS, with at least 5 years supporting enterprise environments
- Deep technical expertise with IS architecture, including scalable fiber optic networks
- Experience in implementing and handling physical infrastructure for large enterprises
- Demonstrated maintaining highly available, fault tolerant, redundant data center infrastructure
- Experience crafting hierarchical diagrams, maintaining fiber optic rings and structured cabling
- Experience handling sophisticated physical architectures
- Experience with multiple data transport methods such as Single Mode and Multi-Mode Fiber Optics, Copper, Wi-Fi, and Cellular (3G, 4G LTE and 5G)
- Experience designing multi-segmented networks is highly desirable
- Knowledge of compliance standards and requirements within highly supervised environments is preferred
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.