HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Manufacturing Process Technician-Nights
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will work 7pm to 7am, rotating nights
Under general supervision, the Manufacturing Process Technician will routinely perform simple to moderately-complex processes according to Standard Operating Procedure and Batch Records. Generally, this will include all aspects associated with bulk manufacturing in aseptic and non-aseptic environments.
- Equipment and parts cleaning using manual and automated methods and equipment
- Set up and breakdown of single use materials
- Weigh and dispense of raw materials
- Operation and process monitoring of clean systems, autoclaves, and processing equipment
- Sample collection, processing, storage and delivery
- Product and component reconciliation
- Solution preparation and transfer
- Materials handling, weighing and dispensing, power industrial vehicle operation
- Strict adherence to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP's), responsible to accurately complete process-associated documentation, make calculations and perform the physical tasks associated with bulk manufacturing and other duties as assigned.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The experienced professional we seek is a collaborative individual with these qualifications.
- Associates degree and 2 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience or
- 2 years in a technical school setting with hands-on experience or
- High school diploma / GED and 4 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience
- 1+ plus years of experience in a GMP/ other regulated environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GMP principles.
- Drug substance manufacturing experience.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain focus during repetitious tasks over the course of a shift.
- Ability to assemble, disassemble, operate and understand simple to moderately complex equipment per procedures.
- Basic understanding of measurements, calculations and the metric system.
- Ability to work effectively in an individual and team setting.
- Ability to document process tasks in electronic batch records.
- Coachable, ability to take coaching/critique and show learned/measurable improvement.
- Capacity to follow written procedures, recognize and report malfunctions.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to perform assignments with a high degree of focus/attention to detail.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.