HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Industrial EngineerLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this vital role, you will lead and/or help support sophisticated, complex, high impact projects for Amgen's Rhode Island manufacturing plant, and also support site-level operational excellence (OE) initiatives.
- Apply OE principles such as Lean and 6-Sigma practices in broad areas of assignments to drive continuous improvement at the site.
- Identifying ways to improve the manufacturing and support processes to ensure the highest quality, lowest cost and shortest lead time.
- Support AR30 plant and/or functional leadership in analysis of operations, planning of activities, new product introductions, new technology, and implementation of improvement projects.
- Perform resource modeling (capacity and labor) and gap analysis, developing novel strategies and plans to close these gaps, and driving the execution of the plans.
- Provide day-to-day OE coaching to personnel to achieve expected business results and building the organizations proficiency in applying continuous improvement methodologies.
- Follow all regulatory requirements applicable to area of responsibility.
- Develop, validate and maintain machine and labor standards for use in modeling.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The collaborative professional we seek is a self-starter with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 3 years of directly related experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of directly related experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of directly related experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of directly related experience
- 5 years of experience within Manufacturing, F&E, Process Development, or Quality with cGMP experience
- Experience leading high impact projects
- Ability to communicate and present ideas to staff and management
- Proficiency in MS office suite including Excel, Power Point, and Project
- Experience in process, machine and/or labor modeling
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing (i.e. waste identification, PDCA, Kaizen, changeover reduction, etc.) and improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, DMAIC
- Able to apply engineering principles in-order to define, simplify, and solve complex process issues and to evaluate opportunities for process improvements
- 5+ years of experience in process modeling and plant simulation directly related to biotech/pharma manufacturing
- Knowledge and understanding of software tools for facility utilization, mass and energy balance and fluid flow
- Demonstration of leadership and management skills
- Knowledge of personal computer, word processor, spreadsheet and presentation applications
- Experience working in project teams, tracking and delivering upon individual responsibilities, and developing schedules that ensure the accurate completion of work
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.