Manager: Global Head of Quality
Department: Technical Operations
Location: Brisbane, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo
genome editing, and in vivo
genome regulation. Using its deep scientific expertise and proprietary zinc finger genome engineering technology, Sangamo is working to create genomic cures for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases for which today’s medicines can only treat symptoms. At Sangamo, we are passionate about transforming lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo
genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking an Executive Assistant to help support the operations within Technical Operations. Sangamo is looking for a multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail and email, generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
- Provides administrative support to the Vice Presidents in Technical Operations.
- Setting up meetings, managing calendars, taking meeting minutes during staff meetings as requested and managing action items to closure.
- Generating and submitting expense reports.
- Schedule calls to screen prospective candidates for open positions, provide JDs and CVs to interviewers, collect feedback notes for hiring manager as well as greet and assist visitors/candidates.
- Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars hotel and restaurant reservations. Provide itinerary packets to traveller.
- Submit and manage contracts and purchase orders into Novatus. Assure all required documentation is submitted and follow-ups completed as needed to get timely approval of new contractors. Provide support to manage and prioritize contract related interactions with legal and finance.
- Provide monthly tracking of invoices from consultants to track spend to budget.
- Provide onboarding support for new hires, temps and consultants by securing laptops, desks, badges etc.
- Collaborative skills required.
- Provide catering assistance.
- Anticipate the needs of staff in order to ensure a seamless and positive experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate’s degree or higher preferred, but not required.
- 4 years’ experience in similar roles.
- Excellent computer skills and attention to detail a must.
- Experience working with expense reporting and travel booking applications such as Concur.
- Experience working in a Biotechnology company a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and muliti-task priorities
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
Sangamo is committed to fostering belonging for all employees and embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion in recruiting and hiring. All qualified applicants for employment are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws
Commitment to Safety
Sangamo requires all U.S. workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Sangamo, and it applies regardless of location or classification of role. If you are unable to receive the vaccine & booster, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable laws.
Note to External Recruiters: We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves.