Sarasota, FL (East Coast)
Akron Biotech is continuing to transform and further its rapidly growing capabilities and is now seeking highly motivated professionals to join our expanding team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role within our organization that is driving advanced therapy development and commercialization with high quality industrial scale solutions. We manufacture and distribute components and raw materials for cell therapy discovery, development, and commercialization to meet industry needs worldwide. We offer an array of highly competitive benefits and perks to our valued associates.
The Warehouse Manager provides leadership, training, and takes ultimate responsibility for the accurate receipt, storage, and delivery of all inventories and on-going inventory accuracy.
• Work as a liaison between warehouse team and other functional areas to coordinate shipments, receipts, material movements and resolve any issues.
• Maintain inventory accuracy ensuring all transactions are processed timely and inventory is secured at all times.
• Ensure safety of staff and maintain a safe and clean working environment
• Manage cycle counts and reconciliations
• Schedule incoming and outgoing material to ensure deadlines are achieved
• Direct oversight of shipping/receiving, warehousing, and material handling.
• Ensure all associates follow policies and procedures
• Interview, hire, and train new associates
• Supervise timely and accurate data entry for all services performed
• Perform standard work audits and update, as needed
• Manage daily KPIs
• Demonstrated experience with 5S
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
• Working knowledge of ERP systems
• Prior experience within a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of Lean and or Agile continuous improvement
• Ability to work with a wide variety of people and personalities
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
• Bachelor’s degree in related area, or equivalent experience and training.
• 5 years’ prior experience in a warehouse supervisor or manager role.
• APICS certification (CPIM, CSCP) or equivalent training preferred.