Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
We have an exciting opening for an experienced DMPK scientist. The incumbent will contribute as a DMPK scientist on project teams from drug discovery through all stages of drug development, with a scientific background on several aspects of DMPK science, including but not limited to in vitro and in vivo ADME, bioanalysis, animal PK, toxicokinetic, drug metabolism, DME- and transporter-based DDI, 14C-ADME studies, QWBA, human PK prediction, PKPD modeling and simulation, PBPK.
This position reports to the Head of Nonclinical Science and may be based at our headquarter location in New Haven, CT or a remote role based within the U.S.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a DMPK scientist and advise discovery teams on strategies for early ADMET profiling up to the selection of lead candidate into development.
- Represent DMPK function on company-wide development teams to support the advancement of preclinical and clinical assets.
- Contribute to the in vitro DDI and other in vitro/in vivo DMPK assessment for individual preclinical drug candidates and ensure timely availability of key data as part of the IND enabling activities.
- Recommend stage appropriate clinical DDI strategy to the clinical pharmacology function.
- Contribute to outsource of DMPK studies and ensure timely and high quality conduct of in vitro and in vivo ADMET studies. Partner with key CROs to develop and customize ADMET assays to support PROTAC drug discovery and development.
- Contribute to the preparation of DMPK component of regulatory documents such as IND, IB, or other documents.
- Stay up to date with the scientific advance and regulatory landscape for DMPK science in drug discovery and development
- In-depth knowledge or expertise on one or several other aspects of DMPK science in drug discovery and/or development, such as biotransformation, bioanalysis, pharmacokinetics, toxicokinetics, DME- and transporter-based drug-drug interaction, PBPK or PK/PD modeling, human PK prediction.
- General knowledge of drug discovery and development process.
- Experience in representing DMPK on discovery and development teams.
- Ability to integrate DMPK knowledge of individual drugs and prepare DMPK components of regulatory documents.
- Hands-on experience and proficiency in PK/PD modeling, PBPK modeling with PK or modeling software such as Phoenix and GastroPlus would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory guidance in areas such as drug-drug interaction, bioanalysis, and GLP.
- Ph.D. in pharmaceutical science, chemistry, biochemistry, or related scientific discipline with five-plus years of relevant experience in DMPK in the biopharmaceutical industry or CROs supporting pharmaceutical development, preferably with a focus on small molecules.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer