Senior Infrastructure Engineer - San Diego, CA
We’re a different kind of biotech company. And we’re here to make a difference.
Prometheus Biosciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: RXDX), is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering a precision medicine approach for the discovery, development and commercialization of novel therapeutic and companion diagnostic products for the treatment of immune-mediated diseases.
The Company’s precision medicine platform, Prometheus360™, combines proprietary machine learning-based analytical approaches with one of the world’s largest gastrointestinal bioinformatics databases to identify novel therapeutic targets and develop therapeutic candidates to engage those targets. Headquartered in San Diego, Prometheus Biosciences, Inc. was named Best Places to Work by Biospace, San Diego Business Journal and is a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company.
Reporting to the Head of Information Technology, you will be in a technical, individual contributor role, focusing on the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and auditing of infrastructure, endpoint security, and SaaS applications.
- Own end user computing and provide advanced support on IT Service Desk issues with user endpoints, lab workstations, and related systems.
- Provide support and guidance to executive leadership team on IT issues.
- Responsible for ensuring the company has a secure and robust environment to do their work, no matter where they are working.
- Collaborate with facilities in the setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Zoom rooms and AV setups (displays, microphones, video conferencing).
- Maintain and enhance endpoint management systems including device management, endpoint security, and policies.
- Manage Azure AD, Intune, JAMF, federated infrastructure.
- Create and own asset management process and systems.
- Automate IT infrastructure operations and endpoint maintenance and security tasks.
- Collaborate with managed services network team on the installation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of headquarters network infrastructure including Wi-Fi and VPN.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years technical experience showing consistent progression in technical responsibilities for an enterprise environment.
- Strong working knowledge of ITSM processes including Incident, request, and change management.
- 5+ years of experience in systems administration and tools for remote administration, configuration, endpoint security and patching of endpoints (Azure AD Policies, Intune, JAMF, Crowdstrike, Netskope).
- Experience in setup and administration of Azure AD and SAML SSO services.
- Strong understanding of networks and network security and a deep understanding of various networking technologies (e.g., routers, switches, wireless, firewalls, and VPN).
Additional Experience - Nice-to-haves
- Biotech / Med tech experience
- Microsoft Certified Systems Admin, CISSP, Azure, AWS, and other relevant certifications
Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer focus and proven ability to understand customer challenges and drive resolutions
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to facilitate crucial conversations and influence stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with excellent planning, problem-solving and organizational
- Demonstrable ability to set and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, smaller-company environment
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected class