We are growing our locations and are investing more than $2 billion into establishing a new large-scale manufacturing site for biopharmaceuticals in the United States to accelerate the growth of our Bio CDMO (Contract and Development Manufacturing Organization) business. This will be the largest end-to-end cell culture CDMO provider in North America.
The new site will offer end-to-end solutions to our customers looking to manufacture biopharmaceuticals in the US. In addition to drug substance manufacture, it will also provide automated fill-finish and assembly, packaging, and labeling services. The new state-of-the-art facility is located in Holly Springs, North Carolina, United States.
As the Staff Accountant you will be responsible for maintaining accurate accounting and financial procedures through the preparation of company financial transactions, reports, and statements. We are a start-up facility where processes need to be created and implemented in a growing and changing environment. The ideal person for this role is someone that enjoys learning, easily adapts, succeeds in a fast-paced environment and is highly self-motivated.
- Perform monthly close activities for accurate and timely recording of all financial transactions
- Create journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and other accounting schedules
- Investigate and recommend resolution for account discrepancies
- Compile and analyze financial information with little supervision
- Support the compiling and distribution of the financial statements
- Develop, implement, maintain, and administer policies and procedures for accounting activities including continuous improvement with automation of processes when possible
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the business operations, financial systems and the general ledger structure
- Prepare documentation for internal and external Auditors
- Analyze actuals versus budget/forecast
- Assist with critical Accounts Payable functions
- Support the Cost Accounting and Local Tax activities
- Work with the financial budgeting process
- Interact with other operational groups to ensure transactions are appropriately reflected in the financial statements
- Apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and Company policies to solve moderate to complex problems
- Conduct and support ad hoc finance and accounting request and assignment, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Equivalent
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Proficient in MS Excel required, PowerPoint experiences a plus
- Highly motivated, go the extra mile to achieve personal and professional goals
- Ability to successfully balance multiple priorities while working independently
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with focus on details and accuracy
- Demonstrated professional, tactful problem-solving skills
- Apply accounting policies, ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The Company requires that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to medical, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption.
FDBN works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company's ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class. If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please email email@example.com.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.