HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.EHS ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this pivotal role, you will drive extraordinary EHSS performance across the site in a diverse biotech/pharma environment.
The role will be responsible for the implementation of key EHSS processes, including:
- Overall EHSS support for diverse and complex manufacturing processes
- Measuring EHSS performance through the use of leading and lagging indicators
- Analysis of EHSS data while providing constructive feedback/mentor when appropriate
- Provide subject matter expertise (SME) on several EHSS programs, including process safety, combustible powder, chemical safety, and industrial safety.
- Partner with internal clients (including but not limited to pilot plant, manufacturing, facilities & engineering, warehouse operations, etc.) to enhance EHSS performance
Provide guidance and support to clients so that:
- EHSS is integrated strongly into facilities, products/processes, and business decision change management
- EHSS risks are evaluated, prevented, controlled, and reduced through proper risk mitigation planning
- Staff/contractors demonstrate active caring behavior while integrating EHSS into their daily work and decisions
- Substandard performance and errors are investigated and learned from
- Support and implement EHSS Management System processes such as change control, complex risk assessments, audits, inspections, behavior-based safety activities, training, etc.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients.
- Doctorate OR
- Masters degree and 3 years of experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience
- Degree in safety, industrial hygiene, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemistry, biology or other life science areas
- EHSS leadership experience supporting manufacturing or laboratory environments. An ability to lead teams with varied strengths and influence management
- 5 7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry implementing industrial and safety programs
- Strong communication and presentation skills, productive, self-starting, program development and project management
- Strong technical writing skills
- Understanding of hazardous area classification, combustible powders, PSM (Process Safety Management) and chemical safety
- Experience in emergency response planning
- Ability to read P&IDs
- Ability to translate complex process safety topics into comprehensible language for managers and operators
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and or Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.