HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Associate Quality Control - MicrobiologyLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will under general supervision, be responsible for one or more of the following activities in Quality Control including analytical testing, characterization, method development and sample & data management in a Non-Standard Shift Organization. Multiple positions available.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform routine laboratory procedures
- May perform aseptic aliquoting, sampling and analysis for compendia and non-compendia test methods
- May perform non-routine lab procedures under close supervision
- Perform or review one or more of the following: sample testing, standards preparation and testing procedures, environmental monitoring, reagents and solutions preparation, sample management and equipment maintenance
- Prepare complete, accurate, concise laboratory documentation
- Participate in the document revision process
- Responsible for the data entry, review, analysis and communication of results
- May participate in lab investigations/ audits
- May approve laboratory results
- Completes work in accordance with established procedures and practices within field of technical/scientific knowledge
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Associate Quality Control professional we seek is an individual contributor with these qualifications.
THE BASIC QUALIFICATIONS ARE:
Associates degree and 4 years of quality and/or laboratory experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of quality and/or laboratory experience
BEYOND THAT, THE PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS ARE:
- Educational background in Microbiology, Biology or Life Sciences
- Laboratory experience in a GMP environment within the Pharmaceutical and/or Biotech industry
- Ability to adhere to regulatory requirements, written procedures, and safety guidelines, following GMP regulations
- Ability to organize work, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Good written and oral communication skills including technical writing capabilities
- Good presentation skills
- Detail oriented
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and requirements
- Bilingual Fluent in both Spanish and English languages
- Ability to relate day-to-day work to business priorities
- Availability to work non-standard shifts
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.