HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Media Manager Inflammation
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for leading the planning and implementation of all media and media partnerships, critical to commercial success of Inflammation brands, Enbrel and Otezla. The media manager will help manage $20M+ media investment directed at Health Care Professionals. Critical to the role will be developing and evangelizing an in-depth understanding of the core targets, and extensive knowledge of the media landscape, both traditional and emerging.
The Media Manager will partner heavily with internal and external cross-functional partners and be responsible for leading and managing our media agency partners. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Media, and partner heavily with the Inflammation brand teams.
- Support the development and implementation of an innovative, powerful multi-channel healthcare professional media plan, including strategic partnerships with critical media outlets.
- Lead development of brand media briefs in partnership with brand teams.
- Manage all elements of brand media plans, including managing the agency to develop a plan that meets agreed objectives, tracking weekly, monthly and quarterly critical metrics and ensuring delivery on budget.
- Lead strategic development and realization of media partnerships, improving return on investment, value and performance.
- Uncover insights to drive continuous optimization of media plans based on metrics, and ensure findings are shared and applied across brands.
- Management of all media agencies to hold them accountable to the highest standards of performance.
- Systematically develop and track metrics for media mix and media effectiveness, while linking to the broader success metrics of the brand
- Be the brand liaison and key support to corporate advocacy
- Implement test and learns to support marketing innovation in media.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The media driven professional we seek is a candidate with these qualifications.
- Technical competencies: Media targeting and segmentation, Multi-channel media plan development, media measurement and optimization, agency leadership.
- Expertise in media planning and deliveries across all channels.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to uncover insights from performance/measurement tracking to drive action that increases brand impact.
- Strong ability in both leading cross-functional teams, and in being a member of a cross-functional team
- Strong communication effectiveness: The ability to effectively engage, connect, and influence senior management and marketing organizations
- Ability to translate and communicate complex information/strategies into simple and impactful carry out of plans
- Experience working within a media agency
- Doctorate degree & 2 years of marketing and/or sales management experience
- Masters degree & 4 years of marketing and/or sales management experience
- Bachelors degree & 6 years of marketing and/or sales management experience
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.