HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
IS Cloud Security EngineerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world.IS Security Engineer IS Cloud Security Engineer
Amgen is seeking a Cloud Security Engineer to join Amgens Cloud Security organization who will be reporting into the Global Information Protection Organization in Amgen and will be based in Tampa, FL, at Amgens new Capability Center.
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you will be providing remediation strategies, and implementing project activities to complete tactical objectives. You will play a key role in designing, deploying, and maintaining solutions, automate security assessments, audits, policy and standard enforcements, and more.
- Keep up-to-date, make recommendations, and participate in the implementation and continuous improvement of cloud related technologies and services in assigned information security domains
- Work with and provide guidance to Security Operations and other Global Information Protection team activities on security strategies, processes, response and technologies
- Support Incident Response on security incidents including contributing to mock security incident exercises
- Define, provide, and improve measurement and analysis on the assigned services including the use of appropriate applications and tools for reporting
- Participate in projects or initiatives where an IS Security Engineer is needed with a focus on ensuring inclusion of information security requirements
- Participate in proactive research and provide recommendations for continuous improvement on information security technologies, processes and services
- Develop, implement, and sustain operational scripts, data structures, libraries and programming code that optimize security in emergent compute patterns with diverse applications throughout the global environment.
- Analyze, design, develop and operate programs, shell scripts, tests, and infrastructure automation capabilities in an advanced security context.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with analysts, engineers, data scientists to deliver continuous improvement in cyber defense/resilience.
- Support Incident Response on security incidents including supplying to mock security incident exercises.
- Lead efforts and participate in audits covering information security services and technologies.
- This position requires after hours responsibilities and may require some travel.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a versatile person with these qualifications.
- Comprehensive experience with Amazon AWS, understanding of Identity and Access Management, Data Protection, Secure DevOps, Security Operations, and other security domains for Cloud.
- Working/Emerging knowledge of Enterprise Cloud Solutions across IaaS, PaaS & SaaS. This may include: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Cloud Foundry, Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365, Box, etc.
- Emerging Knowledge of Identity Governance, Cloud SOC/SIEM, Key Management & Encryption, Public, Private and Hybrid cloud solutions.
- Good working knowledge of KMS, Encryption Technologies, Cryptographic Keys and usage.
- Good hand-on experience with AWS foundation services related to compute, network, storage, content delivery, administration and security, deployment and management, automation technologies.
- Technical experience should have Strong micro services programming (AWS Lambda, Docker, etc.)
- Experience using AWS Cloud Services (EC2, DynamoDB, API Gateway, RDS, Lambda, CloudFront, Cloud Formation, CloudWatch, RDS, S3, Fargate, ECS, Route 53, etc.)
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications and RESTFUL Services in an AWS Cloud environment Experience architecting highly available systems that apply load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability.
- Experience in one of the following: Java/Node.js/Python/JSON policy language
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Team-oriented, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- CISSP or equivalent security-related industry certifications
- AWS Certified Professional or higher
Masters degree and 3 years of Information Security or Information Technology experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Information Security or Information Technology experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Information Security or Information Technology experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Security or Information Technology experienceThrive
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.