HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role you will contribute to enhance equipment performance by evaluating, identify and implement equipment reliability strategies to ensure it performs as intended and reduce/eliminate mechanical recurrent failures. The candidate will support maintenance activities, provide technical expertise on maintenance strategy and track equipment performance metrics.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the equipment ownership at Maximo system (Work orders approval, closing, PM strategy, spare parts definition/accuracy/updates).
- Collaborate with Facilities and engineering staff to ensure the best maintenance strategy on manufacturing equipment to ensure is operating as intended.
- Responsible for maximizing equipment reliability focusing on equipment availability, downtime reduction, new technologies implementation and maintenance optimization.
- In-depth knowledge of processes and requirements as applied to new equipment installations.
- Definition, implementation, and ownership of CAPAs, CCMS associated to equipment within area of expertise scope.
- Problem solving skills requiring the application of scientific and engineering theory to develop solutions to routine technical problems from moderate to large complexity and scope.
What we expect of you
We are all different! Yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The Engineer professional we seek is an individual contributor with these qualifications.
Masters degree in Engineering
Bachelors degree in Engineering and 2 years of engineering, reliability engineering or maintenance field experience.
Beyond that, additional preferred qualifications are:
- Educational Background in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering.
- Established expertise in chromatography columns/skids, bioreactors, tangential flow filtration, Steam in Place and Clean in Place bulk biotechnology processes.
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotech Industrial Equipment. Specialized equipment/process expertise in Process Analytical Technology.
- Knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical/biotech regulations and good manufacturing practices.
- Knowledge in Root Cause Failure Analysis or any other methodology
- Basic knowledge of computerize systems data integrity regulations.
- Proficient communications skills (written and verbal) in English and Spanish.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.